By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

So just to make sure, 19billion would be what Nintendo's worth atm right?

Ail said:

Standard accepted P/E are around 13-15 so I came up with that earnings numbers by dividing the market cap by 13.

You can find the market cap of most companies on any financial web site, with a grain of salt, most of the info is not up to date for foreign companie with low trade volume in the US..( because to get accurate you have to actually use the stock price on the Nikkei and factor the yen/dollar change)...

Okay, so since total worth = P * V, if you multiply total worth by P/E you get

E (earnings per share) * V (volume) = total earnings.

That's interesting.

Fidelity has Nintendo at 19.1 billion$, CNNMoney at 20.5 billion$...

Fidelity has very bearish rating on Nintendo too...( Star Mine rating of 0.1 , it can't be worse ..). Although to be honest Nintendo is not a company on which they have a lot of coverage due to the low volume of US trade...

I'm not sure I understand what the bold and italics mean.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

So just to make sure, 19billion would be what Nintendo's worth atm right?

Ail said:

Standard accepted P/E are around 13-15 so I came up with that earnings numbers by dividing the market cap by 13.

You can find the market cap of most companies on any financial web site, with a grain of salt, most of the info is not up to date for foreign companie with low trade volume in the US..( because to get accurate you have to actually use the stock price on the Nikkei and factor the yen/dollar change)...

Okay, so since total worth = P * V, if you multiply total worth by P/E you get

E (earnings per share) * V (volume) = total earnings.

That's interesting.

Fidelity has Nintendo at 19.1 billion$, CNNMoney at 20.5 billion$...

Fidelity has very bearish rating on Nintendo too...( Star Mine rating of 0.1 , it can't be worse ..). Although to be honest Nintendo is not a company on which they have a lot of coverage due to the low volume of US trade...

I'm not sure I understand what the bold and italics mean.

The bold means they don't have a lot of analysts comment or financial information on Nintendo because even if Nintendo stocks can be purchased on the US stock market, few people do so and the huge majority of Nintendo stock is traded in Japan.

On average 167 000 Nintendo stock change hands per business day in the US.

By comparison 1 329 000 Sony stocks change hands every day in the US. and the stocks price are comparable..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Okay, very interesting stuff, Ail!

Looks like the long due market correction is happening today as the news from China doesn't really justify such a negative market today...

Although it seems the market is ending the session better but with the hit on Apple and Nvidia I'm not going to beat the S&P500 today...

Yup, everyone got slapped around (except ACTI). Worst hit today was Zynga, then Sony, then Nintendo, then Apple.

Daily Numbers

Around the Network

Well on the positive side, I took advantage of the dip to grab more Bank of America stocks...

spurgeonryan said:
Wait?Nintendo is back down to the 17's? Oh my god does it ever end? That is what I just saw in your graph right? I got to go google it to see for myself. So tiresome.

Yeah. Hang in there spurge. Here are the last 3 months, it should still go down a bit more and start ramping back up a bit.

spurgeonryan said:
Ail said:
Well on the positive side, I took advantage of the dip to grab more Bank of America stocks...

How low is it right now? I bought some at 4 dollars a few years back, should have hung on to it, since Bank of America is a huge Business. They are going no where. Also in my experience a good bank as well.

It's at 8$ right now

Well my investment account is down 0.89% for the day and my 401k only 0.4%...
Which is not really surprising as my 401k is a little more conservative than my investment account...( it only has mutual funds to start).

spurgeonryan said:

That to me is an excellent price! I need to sell my Nintendo stock and get that. It is bound to go back up to the 20's! Good purchase on your part Ail.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to sell on a downswing, unless you expect it to go down alot more. It would be best to sell on an upswing I think.

But you may still want to buy the BoA stock regardless (these two issues are completely unrelated).