By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Breakthrough in battery technology (YES!!)

Tagged games:

man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
Meh, my iPad battery lasts 10 hours of constant full brightness use and then some!

It could last 40 hours with this tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but I don't use it for 40 hours a day! Anyway, apple have invented wireless charging which will release with the iPad 3!! Can your precious batteries do that? Well, can they? CAN THEY?!

i hope you don't mean inductive loading because that was surely not apple... i wonder why people always think apple is inventing anything? most time they are just the company which lets people think they need it so these things start to be successful  when apple is starting to sell them.

even car manufacturers like daimler are thinking about the usage of that and they are testing it with some cars atm but nobody cares there^^

this car for example has the technology

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:
Meh, my iPad battery lasts 10 hours of constant full brightness use and then some!

It could last 40 hours with this tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but I don't use it for 40 hours a day! Anyway, apple have invented wireless charging which will release with the iPad 3!! Can your precious batteries do that? Well, can they? CAN THEY?!

Apple didn't invent it. They may be about to use it, but they did not invent it.

On topic: Doesn't sound particularly rechargable to me. May be good for single use batteries though.

Still a long way to a battery that lasts a life time, but good news for the medical world.

im excited for the electric cars to get benifits from this. it would probably be more expensive than i would like to spend in Aa or AAA form.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

brendude13 said:
Nanotubes!? That sounds cheap.

lol

Nicely put, it's a shame that most people don't have a grasp that just because something has been done, doesn't make it worth doing commerically.

I mean you guys do remember the articles from 6-7 years ago that X company was well on the way to producing hollographic media that could hold upwards of 1TB that was nearly in production?

Oh then there's the bullshit, but slightly less unrelealistic 10 layer bluray, fuck off, never going to happen. Would be a production nightmare.

Around the Network

Way too soon to get excited

JamaicameCRAZY said:
im excited for the electric cars to get benifits from this. it would probably be more expensive than i would like to spend in Aa or AAA form.

Yeah, indeed. Powering your car using AAA-batteries is expensive as hell. This is great news!

fillet said:
brendude13 said:
Nanotubes!? That sounds cheap.

lol

Nicely put, it's a shame that most people don't have a grasp that just because something has been done, doesn't make it worth doing commerically.

I mean you guys do remember the articles from 6-7 years ago that X company was well on the way to producing hollographic media that could hold upwards of 1TB that was nearly in production?

Oh then there's the bullshit, but slightly less unrelealistic 10 layer bluray, fuck off, never going to happen. Would be a production nightmare.

Does anybody know how much they can produce, and how much they will cost? I think you're right though, we're years away from using them commercially.

man-bear-pig said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
man-bear-pig said:

Apple doesn't invent much electronics

they are more of design company

the tech they may use will have patents of other companies

SONY had already passed wireless charging patents in 2009 and Apple did some patent last year