By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

Microsoft - sick bastards. They bought off Nintendos baby and made them watch the slow, horrible slaughter of that child.

Around the Network

What a fantastic article. I was particularly intrigued by the comparison between the differing styles of management and control by Nintendo and Microsoft. It's essentially the complete opposite of everything else I've ever read when a developer is talking about how each company does things.

VGChartz

BasilZero said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Interesting article but with a misleading title. I'm still hoping they'll someday revive the Killer Instinct franchise.

I'm surprised they didnt push them to make a new game, would be a killer app on the 360.

Just the fact that they haven't released it (and many other great games) on XBLA is disastrous enough. Wasted potential to say the least.

RolStoppable said:
Microsoft is to blame for everything, because they are an evil corporation. They wanted to destroy Rare right from the getgo which is why they opted for Grabbed by the Ghoulies as the first Rare game they published.

Ya cause MS just felt like blowing 375 million to degrade a gaming company. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

milkyjoe said:
What a fantastic article. I was particularly intrigued by the comparison between the differing styles of management and control by Nintendo and Microsoft. It's essentially the complete opposite of everything else I've ever read when a developer is talking about how each company does things.

Yeah I was expecting the article to say that Microsoft imposed a vision that screwed with Rare's formula but it's actually the lack of direction that used to be present during the Nintendo era that (and the switch to bigger projects/teams) that caused the decline.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Seece said:
In a commercial sense they're more alive than they have been in a long time, completely stupid to say they're dead.

If you're
talking about the creativity and output there, then it's been a slow decline, but MS did give it a bash early this gen. They can't be expected to keep greenlighting profitless projects, heaven forbid Microsoft act like a business.

I see you're assuming that I said that they're dead. Read the source.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Seece said:
In a commercial sense they're more alive than they have been in a long time, completely stupid to say they're dead.

If you're
talking about the creativity and output there, then it's been a slow decline, but MS did give it a bash early this gen. They can't be expected to keep greenlighting profitless projects, heaven forbid Microsoft act like a business.

I see you're assuming I said they're dead. Read the source.

Why? It's just the same old crap that's been coming up over the last few years, I'm surprised people are still talking about it. I know how some people are obsessed with Rare even in their current form though ...

Seece said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Seece said:

If you're

Why? It's just the same old crap that's been coming up over the last few years, I'm surprised people are still talking about it. I know how some people are obsessed with Rare even in their current form though ...

The article is actually much better than what the title leads you to believe.

Signature goes here!

Seece said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Seece said:

If you're

The problem was that you called me stupid for saying something that I didn't. Jeez.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Seece said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Seece said:

If you're

The problem was that you called me stupid for saying something that I didn't. Jeez.

Did you say they were dead?