By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/30 ~ 2/5

vita and xbox numbers need to start picking up

Around the Network

I think that people here in the west do not give the Japanese people enough credit. They got burned last year overspending for a system that would be 10K Y cheaper in 6 months, I don't think many early adopters are willing to go down the same road again.

Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
the playstation family clears 55k!....

I will say this I do miss SDF. 

SDF was quite hilarious at times.  mean and tollish but we all know how i love that so.

...but i can't help feel a bit depressed about vita sales.  well, depressed isn't the right world 'cause i don't get emotional over these things but i'm avoiding buying the vita at this point even though it has far more games i want to play.  at this point i just don't have confidence sony will still be around in 3 years...

Train wreck said:
I think that people here in the west do not give the Japanese people enough credit. They got burned last year overspending for a system that would be 10K Y cheaper in 6 months, I don't think many early adopters are willing to go down the same road again.

See everytime someone says something like this, it makes me think Nintendo planned every move from the start. Like a very bad but brilliant chess game, where Nintendo offers the queen up randomly. 

Train wreck said:

This is also a very valid point.

Costumers are not stupid, they saw 3DS getting very cheap very fast, the may be expecting the same for Vita.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Train wreck said:

See everytime someone says something like this, it makes me think Nintendo planned every move from the start. Like a very bad but brilliant chess game, where Nintendo offers the queen up randomly. 

Could they really be that ingenious? The more I watch Nintendo, the more I'm beginning to think it's possible.

Then again the more Ialso think they're dull as tools so it goes both ways...

One thing is for sure is that the 3DS' original pricepoint is either the biggest presumption (stupidity) or the most incredible move we've seen in the industry. Both are likely.

ethomaz said:

3DS sold 28.252 in the 8th week... Vita sales is not so bad.

Remember guys Vita have a high price compared the others portable.

it is true

Vita is relatively expensive with almost no games

people are probably waiting for a price cut, but Sony has to announce a system seller soon enough

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
ethomaz said:

3DS sold 28.252 in the 8th week... Vita sales is not so bad.

Remember guys Vita have a high price compared the others portable.

it is true

Vita is relatively expensive with almost no games

people are probably waiting for a price cut, but Sony has to announce a system seller soon enough

I just had major déjàvu o O

pezus said:
Hopefully a Monster Hunter game will be announced for Vita soon. 

I've seen this statement a lot on most major video game sites. If it's that plainly obvious that a Monster Hunter game is the salvation of the Vita, then Sony must be really stupid to not have persued a MH game.

If they did but failed to make it happen, then the Vita will be on vitasupport for a very long time.

Either way, I plan on getting a Vita after its price drop just for Uncharted.

Vita needs Monster Hunter.

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
Train wreck said:

This is also a very valid point.

Costumers are not stupid, they saw 3DS getting very cheap very fast, the may be expecting the same for Vita.

The flipside is that this point is setting up the PSV to match, if not exceed, weekly 3DS numbers after its first price cut.

lulz at psv getting a price cut any time soon.  nintendo had room to breath with the 3DS, sony does not.   even less after the recent financials...  at this point if sales continue to flounder it will probably be cheaper for sony to leave the market then to offer a price cut.