By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/30 ~ 2/5

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:

It's common sense that portables and more expensive than non-portables.

For example, for $1000 you can get a high end laptop. For those same $1000 you can get a desktop PC that is MUCH better and will let you play the latest games for many more years than that laptop.

Um, yeah. The logical conclusion would be that a gamer buys the desktop, especially if the games library is equal. So the laptop loses out. You know what device the laptop in this analogy is.

There's plenty of gamers that maybe don't have the space for a high-end desktop or are just always on the move.

For that gamer, laptops are the only option.

Some people would love to have a PS3 but they know they wouldn't have time to play it much. Vita is a great alternative. 

Just because you game only on a portable it doesn't mean you're not a real gamer. In fact, you might be more of a gamer than the typical PS3 owner.

Around the Network

Vita is doing well, not too far behind the PS3. Curious to see how well it sells once Gravity Daze is out. Expecting it to go above 20k.

Also 3DS sure is selling like hotcakes as always. Hell it sells better in the smaller market of Japan than it does in Europe.

pezus said:
oni-link said:
I wonder if Sony is throwing in the towel with the PSV; as I have not seen any marketing besides TacoBell here in the States?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139721

um...thanks pezus I was wondering what the heck they were doing!!!  Seriously, they should start the hype now as to build an audience beyond the Sony crowd.  I already see Gamestop and NewEgg cutting the 3DS price temporarily  to $150, now until after the Vita launch.  Could a Vita shortage be happening for them to do this? Sounds kinda' fishy as to give the 3DS an extra advantage to lure customers to the 3DS this close to the Vita launch.

RolStoppable said:

If you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, then I am out. I can wait. Time makes more converts than reason, so once you see that the PSV can't become successful without a price cut, you'll be more willing to listen.

You don't get what he's saying.

He means it's the big guns that count more than the price itself. Had Sony the bigs guns Nintendo has (Mario Kart, Mario, Wii Sports, Big Brain), and offered them as of launch throughout the launch year, there would be no need for a price cut on Vita.

The only problem is, since Sony doesn't have those big guns, you will most probably end up being right, but for the wrong reason.

oni-link said:
pezus said:
oni-link said:
I wonder if Sony is throwing in the towel with the PSV; as I have not seen any marketing besides TacoBell here in the States?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139721

um...thanks pezus I was wondering what the heck they were doing!!!  Seriously, they should start the hype now as to build an audience beyond the Sony crowd.  I already see Gamestop and NewEgg cutting the 3DS price temporarily  to $150, now until after the Vita launch.  Could a Vita shortage be happening for them to do this? Sounds kinda' fishy as to give the 3DS an extra advantage to lure customers to the 3DS this close to the Vita launch.

If you want more info about the Vita, news, image, videos, etc go for the link on my Signature.. The Best PSvita thread of All the nET...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:

BTW: almost frogto to say:

nice Sales for tragnarok, I was expecting less than 20k.. But it seems that the 24pts of the preorder cartz were more that whartt seemed... for a New Ip on a undersold new system did well with the Digital sell could do 50k on first week may be...

New IP? Is it really? What about these games:

[NDS] Ragnarok Online DS (GungHo Works) {2008.12.18} - 44.509 <58,30%>

[PSP] Ragnarok: Princess of Light and Darkness # (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2011.10.27} - 15.559

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:

nice Sales for tragnarok, I was expecting less than 20k.. But it seems that the 24pts of the preorder cartz were more that whartt seemed... for a New Ip on a undersold new system did well with the Digital sell could do 50k on first week may be...

[PSP] Ragnarok: Princess of Light and Darkness # (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2011.10.27} - 15.559

Don't forget the PC MMO!

There's also a manga and an anime series. So yeah, Ragnarok is quite well known.

smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:

True! I forgot about those games.. well.. then did Good for a Ip on a Undersold system jajajXD

and @basil.. Didn´t you know? I knew but forgot rigth after they Say is Developed by GamesArts (Grandia series).. that's the reason why people claimed for Online mode..XD

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

BasilZero said:
DemoniOtaku said:
smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:

True! I forgot about those games.. well.. then did Good for a Ip on a Undersold system jajajXD

and @basil.. Didn´t you know? I knew but forgot rigth after they Say is Developed by GamesArts (Grandia series).. that's the reason why people claimed for Online mode..XD

Wait its developed by  people who made Grandia as well? Damn, now I want it even more XD!

But wow, I didnt know, and I saw a video few minutes ago, it had porings *____*, so nostalgic!

hahahaXD what have you been reading on PSVita Offciail thread?! You're lost man!

forest-spirit said:
smbu2000 said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Don't forget the PC MMO!

There's also a manga and an anime series. So yeah, Ragnarok is quite well known.

Yes, the MMO is how I first heard of Ragnarok several years ago. I remember being surprised when I saw the DS game come out as I thought of the series as an MMO.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"