By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Goldfinger Review

Marks said:
amp316 said:
Marks said:
Wow and that's strong to say it would be the [Bond] movie you would pick if you could only choose one! I sure liked it but wouldn't pick it as my #1.

Which would your number one be?  GoldenEye? 

I ask this because I know that you're a Brosnan fan.

GoldenEye is a good bet, but I might shake things up and say Tomorrow Never Dies! 

As far as the old ones (Pre-Brosnan sort of thing) go I might be inclined to agree with you about Goldfinger being the best, I also enjoyed The Man With The Golden Gun. 

I'm almost embaressed to admit it, but Tomorrow Never Dies would be my pick too. I don't know if it's the nostalgia as the first Bond movie I ever watched or because of the leap it made from Goldeneye, but I love it.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Marks said:
amp316 said:
Marks said:
Wow and that's strong to say it would be the [Bond] movie you would pick if you could only choose one! I sure liked it but wouldn't pick it as my #1.

Which would your number one be?  GoldenEye? 

I ask this because I know that you're a Brosnan fan.

GoldenEye is a good bet, but I might shake things up and say Tomorrow Never Dies! 

As far as the old ones (Pre-Brosnan sort of thing) go I might be inclined to agree with you about Goldfinger being the best, I also enjoyed The Man With The Golden Gun. 

I'm almost embaressed to admit it, but Tomorrow Never Dies would be my pick too. I don't know if it's the nostalgia as the first Bond movie I ever watched or because of the leap it made from Goldeneye, but I love it.

I still love the scene where he's in the parking garage remotely controlling his car! Pretty sweet chase. 

Marks said:
brendude13 said:

I still love the scene where he's in the parking garage remotely controlling his car! Pretty sweet chase. 

The opening is what gets me, so epic.

brendude13 said:
Marks said:
brendude13 said:

Ahh I can't actually remember how the opening went. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

Excellent review as always Amp. For the next one though I'd really like to see some focus on the locales/environments in the film. I'm certainly looking forward to the Moore reviews because...they should certainly be interesting.

Around the Network
Marks said:
brendude13 said:
Marks said:
brendude13 said:

Ahh I can't actually remember how the opening went. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

Terrorist base, cruise missile strike, almost a nuclear catastrophe.

We're going a little bit off topic, we will save that for another thread.

Anyway, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I think Amp should put screenshots in the review, just to give us an image of what the film is like.

bond spans the generations so people should have different favs and nostalgia,it will be fun at the end of amps reviews to post our favs,i will defo be watching the ones i don't know so well like the brosnan years so i can get a better view,people should give the dalton ones a second look too,the 80's rarely lets you down when you go back,lol

Above & Beyond

There should be some interesting discussion in my Tomorrow Never Dies thread. :p

@ Brendude I don't put up pics up in my reviews because Roger Ebert doesn't and he's my hero.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

brendude13 said:
Marks said:
brendude13 said:
Marks said:
brendude13 said:

Terrorist base, cruise missile strike, almost a nuclear catastrophe.

Oh hell yeah! I remember that now. Definitely a good sequence! 

amp316 said:
There should be some interesting discussion in my Tomorrow Never Dies thread. :p

@ Brendude I don't put up pics up in my reviews because Roger Ebert doesn't and he's my hero.

Haha yeah man your Tomorrow Never Dies thread is never gonna die!