By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the word on Binary Domain? Any good?

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceTpSrIBNC0

Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFliHr6AF08&feature=related

Game comes out in 3 weeks and this is first time I have heard about it. I heard that demo is out in Japan... Anyone have the scoop on this?  Don't really care what metacritic says but what actual gamers are saying. The fact it looks to be a Japanese take on a western genre type of game is enough for me to be interested in hopes it may be something different.

Also it meets the 3 requirements a shooter game must meet for me to consider purchasing it.

1. It looks nothing like call of duty...check

2. It features cyborgs, giant bugs or aliens...check

3. I didn't see a single QTE in trailers...check

Around the Network

The game has a pretty cool layer system..or armor that you strip to get to the core. You can also blow of different body parts and the enemie will react in different ways.

I thought look generic though... it had very little visual flair, not in the graphics, but Art direction. It's like they purposely made it generic. Which might be true considering the director revealed the game was suppose to have an anime inspired by Ghost in the Shell. Overall I enjoyed it, if it has a positive reception, I definitely will pick it up.

Xxain said:
The game has a pretty cool layer system..or armor that you strip to get to the core. You can also blow of different body parts and the enemie will react in different ways.

I thought look generic though... it had very little visual flair, not in the graphics, but Art direction. It's like they purposely made it generic. Which might be true considering the director revealed the game was suppose to have an anime inspired by Ghost in the Shell. Overall I enjoyed it, if it has a positive reception, I definitely will pick it up.

Cool. Yeah it didn't strike me as a artstyle driven game but visually it looked very sega-ish which I'm cool with. Very clear looking colors and textures...

Truth be told, I need something different to get me out of a gaming slump I am in. I'm not finding the last bunch of games fun at all...despite the fact reviews are telling me I should be having fun. Hopefully this does the trick...

disolitude said:
Xxain said:

Cool. Yeah it didn't strike me as a artstyle driven game but visually it looked very sega-ish which I'm cool with. Very clear looking colors and textures...

Truth be told, I need something different to get me out of a gaming slump I am in. I'm not finding the last bunch of games fun at all...despite the fact reviews are telling me I should be having fun. Hopefully this does the trick...

Theres also a morale system, the several coversations that take place fights.. unfortunately it was all in Japanese so I had not idea what they were takin about . I did accidentally shoot a member a message popped up she got super pissed. Has a cover system, but felt very arcadey and fast past which I need in order to play a shooter.

iRobot

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Played the demo then preordered it. It's awesome fun.

As for the comment about it looking generic. I kinda know what you mean, but kinda don't. I mean it's just the style of the game... it's minimalistic, but that's not generic, it's very sci-fi, reminds me of that pin-03 or whatever it was called game on PS2.

It's by the Yakuza team, so the idea that it could be anything less than worldbeating is pretty much unfathomable.

it also reminds me of vanquish... looks pretty cool...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I played more of the demo, the more I played the better it got and It started as awesome. SEGA got winner this and anarchy reigns need more advertising

Xxain said:
I played more of the demo, the more I played the better it got and It started as awesome. SEGA got winner this and anarchy reigns need more advertising

I agree. Tried the demo and it was rock solid.

Its funny cause I played this right after mass effect 3 demo and they feel very similar in terms of core gameplay mechanics. Will be a good warm up before ME3 hits and owns all.