By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GamrDebate: Is the Playstation Vita already doomed?

Is the Vita 'dead on arrival'?

Yes! 323 45.69%

No! 283 40.03%

See results. 100 14.14%

Total:706
theprof00 said:
goldeneye0074eva2222 said:
I would not say doomed yet . but as far as taking out the 3DS thats just not happening.

There are 3 main reasons why I say that
1-Nintendo is well known for their handhelds thats their best strength right now. even when Wii did well .
2 -Sony took to long. they waited and like everyone else who waited for the shoe to drop . they will pay the big price because unlike console where you could catch up from behind handhelds no one has ever done that ever including sony before
3 games -- the 3DS or Nintendo as a whole is good at getting games that are intended for handheld not just strieght ports of console games they can really get somthing to work on a handheld that would not neccesary see much attention on console- for example pokemon tetris steel diver nintendog's brain age etc .
they got that given talent . that the other one trying does not seam to get a hold on ,

sure vita has exclusives, But they could do as good if not better on their home console and it does not help that the majority of vita games may very well be home console games as well cause even the ds has a hard time with this department when it comes to games like --goldeneye call of duty . wwe .
they just don't sell as good as they do on their home console counterparts

point is . Vita is going to need somthing more then just ports of mortal kombat call of duty or other games that already on vitas prodecessor or 3ds at launch .

Persona 4, Unnannounced new atlus game, Dragon's crown, Monster Hunter, Little Busters (wish they would bring this to the states), new kojima game, FFX and Zone of Enders collection = Vita is going to simply explode in Japan.

Still really really early!

Is this a post of wishful thinking? An Atlus game we've never heard of and remakes/ports of PS2 games? Why is Monster Hunter automatically assumed? Not saying it won't happen, but until it's announced, why should we assume it?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

lol

i´ll wait till holidays to see how it goes.

I think its doomed. ppl seem to rely on uncharted to sell the system in the west, but imo uncharted is not at all a system seller. I loved the first 2games but im not interested in buying a vita for a 4th uncharted game. Also Uncharted 3 released on ps3 (so with a way bigger audience of around 60milion ps3 user) sold 3million+ units. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land both sold around 5million units on a 15million user platform. So im sorry, their is no way in hell that Uncharted Vita will sell anywhere near as much as Uncharted3 and its even more imposible that it will sell as much as SM3DL and MK7. So dont count on that game to sell that many Vitas.

Also ppl seem to blame the lack of MH for the vita's bad sales in japan, but personaly i think its pretty pathetic that sony needs to rely on one paticular third party game to sale their hardware.

I also hear alot of the argument ''wait for CoD to be released on Vita, then it will sell like crazy''. Im sorry but no... Everyone who wants CoD alrdy have a console that can already run the game + CoD fanatics play the game because they are obsessed in playing competitive online all day long. CoD players are for the most part elitist sore losers that will want to play on the best system, on the best online possible, with their huge plasma TV and stereo, on their couch with a xbox360 controler. I see no reason why any CoD fans would want to give the vita a chance just to play on a smaller screen, with a online probably not as good a xbox live and having to recharge their console all the time.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
I think its doomed. ppl seem to rely on uncharted to sell the system in the west, but imo uncharted is not at all a system seller. I loved the first 2games but im not interested in buying a vita for a 4th uncharted game. Also Uncharted 3 released on ps3 (so with a way bigger audience of around 60milion ps3 user) sold 3million+ units. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land both sold around 5million units on a 15million user platform. So im sorry, their is no way in hell that Uncharted Vita will sell anywhere near as much as Uncharted3 and its even more imposible that it will sell as much as SM3DL and MK7. So dont count on that game to sell that many Vitas.

Also ppl seem to blame the lack of MH for the vita's bad sales in japan, but personaly i think its pretty pathetic that sony needs to rely on one paticular third party game to sale their hardware.

I also hear alot of the argument ''wait for CoD to be released on Vita, then it will sell like crazy''. Im sorry but no... Everyone who wants CoD alrdy have a console that can already run the game + CoD fanatics play the game because they are obsessed in playing competitive online all day long. CoD players are for the most part elitist sore losers that will want to play on the best system, on the best online possible, with their huge plasma TV and stereo, on their couch with a xbox360 controler. I see no reason why any CoD fans would want to give the vita a chance just to play on a smaller screen, with a online probably not as good a xbox live and having to recharge their console all the time.

I like how you conveniently left out the first 8 months of the 3DS release.  You try to make yourself sound so profound but end up being so narrowminded.  Try again.

Not yet but all early signs don't look good. As it looks now it will have a hard time being as successful as the PSP was. Things could improve dramatically with a decent price cut and better software.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Metrium said:

I like how you conveniently left out the first 8 months of the 3DS release.  You try to make yourself sound so profound but end up being so narrowminded.  Try again.

The first 8months were bad because of the price and the lack of system sellers. I dont see any games in Sony's catalogue including Uncharted that can sell systems with the same effect that SM3DL and MK7 had. I also dont see a big price drop in the horizon.

For MH, the 3ds would be doing just fine right now w/o it, yes it gave the 3ds a huge boost in japan, but considering the fact that the mario games sold just as well if not better in japan and the fact that its selling worldwide its safe to say that Nintendo didnt need that one paticular 3rd party game to sale units.

And for my finale comment, about CoD not helping, its has nothing to do with the Vita, I dont think CoD have a market on handhelds (atleast no where near as big as home consoles) that includes 3ds.

So plz tell me what was wrong in my previous comment?

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Who ever is in charge of marketing at the Sony gaming department needs to be fired. They put out great gaming consoles, but they don't know how to market their product. The vita seems to be a great little gaming unit, but most people in Canada/USA don't even know it's coming out or if they do they don't know what it's capable of. I don't know why Sony doesn't change things up already. When they do advertise it's all about how technical the product is and not about how much fun you can have using it.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
Who ever is in charge of marketing at the Sony gaming department needs to be fired. They put out great gaming consoles, but they don't know how to market their product. The vita seems to be a great little gaming unit, but most people in Canada/USA don't even know it's coming out or if they do they don't know what it's capable of. I don't know why Sony doesn't change things up already. When they do advertise it's all about how technical the product is and not about how much fun you can have using it.

The only thing I've seen for the VITA is that Taco Bell sposored commercial. They really do need to start better merketing! XD

NintendoPie said:
HesAPooka said:

The only thing I've seen for the VITA is that Taco Bell sposored commercial. They really do need to start better merketing! XD

I haven't even seen that one.
Remember that uncharted 3 commercial with Harrison Ford? They get Indian Fucking Jones to be in a commercial, and all they can do is sit him down on a couch and have him talk about how real the game is LOL. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

It's not dead on arrival. I think it will fair much better in North America, but it's not going to be a big success until the price is lowered.