By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: The World needs a New 2d Zelda

Tagged games:

it sounds crazy at first, but since we are talking about Nintendo, they could make great 2D Zelda puzzles, no doubt

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

I love 2d games

A new 2D zelda would make me dust off my Wii or even make me buy a dreaded 3DS. Nintendo only knows nothing else would.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

i don't like over the top games so aether from the side or 3d games for me thanks

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Skyward view of the action like the classic zeldas would be sweet. Would definately buy!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

They need to make a brand new full length 2d Zelda game and release it via the E-Shop. I wouldn't want to pay 40 bucks for a 2d Zelda on the 3ds. I would rather pay 10-15 bucks and just download one. They need to make a kickass 3d zelda as the $40 retail release game.

Why does IGN understand this but Nintendon't.

ishiki said:
I don't think this would work. The same way mario did. I don't think it would get the same results.

Inherently, if you want the old zelda type of gameplay. You could do it just as well in 3D. They decide not to.

Mario 64, and 2D mario are inherently different games. atleast imo.

Of course it wouldn't have the same results, Mario (2D) is  much bigger.

Minish Cap is my fav handheld Zelda game. A return to 2D would obviously be welcomed with open arms BUT... I have a feeling I'd still be disappointed as it would basically be to the classic 2D Zeldas what NSMB is to the classic SMB games... a mishmash of nostalgia that doesn't really do anything to advance the formula in any meaningful way, or have an identity all of its own like the originals do.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This is from IGN? WOW I agree 200%. The old 2D mario games were good but the wii one just destroys them and is so much more addicting. It feels like it was made for our time. Now with a 2D zelda they could have a bigger overworld, harder game and better presentations. I love ALTTP. This game will be scary addicting

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.