By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 3 ----- 1 Million Sales!!!

Tagged games:

What do you think lifetime sales will be?

less than 1.25m 13 9.35%

1.25m 15 10.79%

1.5m 27 19.42%

1.75m 14 10.07%

almost 2m 27 19.42%

2m 16 11.51%

2.25m 8 5.76%

2.5m 4 2.88%

2.75m 4 2.88%

3m 11 7.91%

Total:139

Really was a great game and deserves more sales. Shame they aren't making another resistance, I still play resistance 2 online a lot :S congrats either way :D

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
wait for real? 0_o not bad at all..but from what I heard about the SP of the game it deserves more..but congrats

i've only play'd the demo but it sems solid to me. i'm so happy this game has reached 1m all stand alone i'm sure.. the guns i've played with in the demo fill solid and paly perfectly. i hope insomniac does another shooter, regardless the platform i'll be there.. 2.2m by yr's end sounds good to me

Great news... tough lets be honest the game bombed. Even with 1 million sales, the game can already be found cheap almost anywhere. Im hoping that word of mouth and platinum status will drag this game to 1.5 million +, and that the Resistance franchise wont die out.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Pitty that Resistance 2 killed the series and probably scared away a lot of people from buying the amazing Resistance 3.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

R3 was def the best in the series but had bad marketing and a rough launch window. The campaign was awesome and the multi was fun but not very deep. Overall a solid game which I bought at launch and still have plan on trying to Plat if anyone wants to do a campaign run on highest difficulty shoot me a friend request PSN: TWO1FIVE

Around the Network

Not bad considering the bad taste left from Resistance 2. Most word of mouth for 3 I see is pretty good, and given it got to 1M in that time-frame I suspect it'll plod forward to an final figure that's fairly decent.

The SP was pretty decent I thought, although I haven't touched the MP much as I've got too big a backlog of games I working through. Hopefully it won't be a ghost town if I check it out later in the year.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Glad to hear it reached over 1 mil sales

However, i feel it must be a bit of a disappointment that the game has only managed this amount..i really thought it would clear 2 mil easy. But from my point of view I'm not a resistance fan, so i wasn't aware of the effect R2 had on the franchise, which it seems as though it had a pretty bad effect despite favorable reviews.

All in all i think fans must be feeling a bit bad about these sales, as it obviously isn't making much profit for Insomniac, who have just revealed they wont be interested in making another Resistance game. And as we know now most developers like to have franchises that can guarantee sales and profits. So im gonna assume it hasn't been the best for Insomniac. It could also be that they simply don't have an interest in the franchise anymore...but i think thats unlikely.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Yes congratulations and all that. But seriously, for a series that the first entry held onto #1 selling PS3 exclusive until a big name game called MGS4 knocked it off it's perch 1 million is not really a milestone to get excited about.

Sure, it's an important milestone, but to celebrate the ongoing relevance of the franchise I would think the game needs to sell at least 2 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

il be buying it NEW when it hits £10 (not far off)

1 Resistance: Fall of Man PS3 2006 Shooter Sony Computer Entertainment 1.54 1.64 0.14 0.70 4.03
2 Resistance 2 PS3 2008 Shooter Sony Computer Entertainment 1.07 0.76 0.10 0.35 2.28
3 Resistance 3 PS3 2011 Shooter Sony Computer Entertainment 0.41 0.37 0.04 0.17 1.00

It doesn't matter if some people think R3 deserved better sales, fact is Resistance is a dying franchise in one of the most popular genres.

Here's how you successfully build up a fanbase within the same genre on the same system:

1 Battlefield 3 PS3 2011 Shooter Electronic Arts 1.87 1.55 0.18 0.72 4.32
2 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PS3 2010 Shooter Electronic Arts 1.16 0.97 0.08 0.44 2.65
3 Battlefield: Bad Company PS3 2008 Shooter Electronic Arts 0.72 0.27 0.05 0.15 1.19