By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN - Soul Calibur V Review

Tagged games:

Whoever thought 3 was the best in the series, i want what your on. That game was unbalanced as hell, Project Soul even admitted

OT it does sound like they have made improvements but im gonna wait just cause i think the price will plummet

Around the Network

I have the game its awesome best gameplay in the series to me. Lack of single player content is disappointing though.

I love the creation mode. Creating your own character and using then to fight online. My friend created Kratos and Bruce Lee. I created Spartacus :)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

oniyide said:
Whoever thought 3 was the best in the series, i want what your on. That game was unbalanced as hell, Project Soul even admitted

OT it does sound like they have made improvements but im gonna wait just cause i think the price will plummet

It had the best stages, best single player content, the most unique fighting styles for CAS, and no exploding clothes. The tradeoff was some broken characters. Also, Zasalamel and Tira were kind of crappy to me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
oniyide said:

It had the best stages, best single player content, the most unique fighting styles for CAS, and no exploding clothes. The tradeoff was some broken characters. Also, Zasalamel and Tira were kind of crappy to me.

We're gonna have to agree to disagre, those are terrible trade offs IMHO. ANd frankly inexcusable, especially for an entry that was the 4TH in the damn series, I expect that amateur crap from a series just starting out, but not one that was in its 3rd gen. I personally dont care how cool the single player content or stages are, the most important aspect of a fighting game is balance, its like driving a Ferrari with a missing wheel, sure you can kinda get and around and look cool, but you still have the feeling that something is off.

Oh and exploding clothes are funny, dont know why anyone would hate that

Around the Network

Well I still bought it because when it comes to party games nothing beats Soul Calibur :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Soul Calibur V is the most smoothest fighting game i have played online with very little lag. Take note Ed Boon.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

oniyide said:
adriane23 said:
oniyide said:

We're gonna have to agree to disagre, those are terrible trade offs IMHO. ANd frankly inexcusable, especially for an entry that was the 4TH in the damn series, I expect that amateur crap from a series just starting out, but not one that was in its 3rd gen. I personally dont care how cool the single player content or stages are, the most important aspect of a fighting game is balance, its like driving a Ferrari with a missing wheel, sure you can kinda get and around and look cool, but you still have the feeling that something is off.

Oh and exploding clothes are funny, dont know why anyone would hate that

Sure I'll agree to disagree with all of that except the exploding clothes. It's just wrong, and there's nothing funny about spending an hour creating a fighter's look only to have his pants shatter from a nunchuck to the ankle. I mean, what if he catches a cold? Some of those stages look windy.....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Loss of Talim and the Koreans is the thing that upsets me the most. Game's fun otherwise, though certain parts are harder than they should be.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Loss of Talim and the Koreans is the thing that upsets me the most. Game's fun otherwise, though certain parts are harder than they should be.

Yeah it must be really pissing off to people who played Talim or koreans as mains.

I'm unhappy with no Taki and Xianghua but at least they have direct replacement (and at least Natsu has less rediculus boobs :D )

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB