By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamrConnect 3DS Recommendation Thread

Which is why I said that. The game would've been perfect if it included a story mode, a real quick battle mode (this game's "quick battle mode" thinks you want to battle 10 oppenents at a time), and some more single player modes, then I would recommend it. But no! They had to include it with a movie! It wasn't even good!

This game is a good example on how powerful the 3DS is (60 FPS with 3D on or off, loads of characters, great online, collectable cards (700 in total I think), and a movie all on one cartridge), but they should've focused more on the game portion.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Which is why I said that. The game would've been perfect if it included a story mode, a real quick battle mode (this game's "quick battle mode" thinks you want to battle 10 oppenents at a time), and some more single player modes, then I would recommend it. But no! They had to include it with a movie! It wasn't even good!

This game is a good example on how powerful the 3DS is (60 FPS with 3D on or off, loads of characters, great online, collectable cards (700 in total I think), and a movie all on one cartridge), but they should've focused more on the game portion.

@Bolded: I laughed.

That's a shame about the game (rhyme!), seems they just focused on the wrong aspects.

Smeags said:
@Amp

I was waiting for someone to recommend it as well. Its reviews weren't too hot (apparently it's very bare bones) so I just left it alone. For now...

@PokemonBrawl & NintendoPie

I heard the game is extremely bare bones and priced poorly. The graphics are nice it seems, but the meat of the game is nowhere to be found.

Oh... I thought this thread was just supposed to show possible 3DS games people may want. xD

So, I bought Steel Diver for $5 and even though I only have played the first couple of levels can honestly recommend it at that price.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
So, I bought Steel Diver for $5 and even though I only have played the first couple of levels can honestly recommend it at that price.

Damn 5 dollars is a pretty good deal.  I'd recommend the game at a 10-15 dollar range.  10 dollars most shouldn't be disappointed considering I put in at least 7 or so hours and I haven't even played the hard missions after beating the game on regular.  The game is alright but nothing too mind blowing.  I had fun when I played it and that is about all that counts.  I wouldn't recommend dropping more than 15 on the game though.  They should release Steel Driver and Pilotwings on the eshop for a price of 10-15.  They would probably get a decent amount of sales and the games aren't even that big so space really isn't a issue (considering NSMB2 will be available on eshop and probably a lot bigger in size).

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Zen Pinball. How I love thee! Online leaderboards, too. I'm friends with close to 80 people and, last time I checked, nobody has beaten my high score in the first table. Do you have what it takes?*

I'm going to have to focus more on beating your scores.  I believe I did pretty damn good in one of those 4 tables.  I'll have to check.  I did buy the new marvel one but I have yet to try it.  There is just too many damn games on the eshop...

Just picked up Planet Crashers on the eShop. The price tag is a tad steep, but I would recommend it if you're an RPG person, but DO NOT battle anything until you're level 2, you will get smashed every time if you do.

ROFLMAO said:
Just picked up Planet Crashers on the eShop. The price tag is a tad steep, but I would recommend it if you're an RPG person, but DO NOT battle anything until you're level 2, you will get smashed every time if you do.

How do you level up to level 2?  Just completing quest?  The game look pretty weird when I saw the video on eshop.

sethnintendo said:
ROFLMAO said:

How do you level up to level 2?  Just completing quest?  The game look pretty weird when I saw the video on eshop.

Pretty much, complete quests and avoid battles until you level up (around 200 exp) but I've just gone to the second planet in the game at Lv. 5 and I've got the same problem as Lv. 1 again, so it seems you need to do it for the first little while on each planet.

Added a couple of eShop titles:

• Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Virtual Console Platform)
  • Mole Mania (Virtual Console Puzzle)
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monters (Virtual Console Platform)
  • The Legend of Zelda (Virtual Console Action-Adventure)

Also... I'm considering making a DS specific Recommendation Thread (As it would be nice to have one and since 3DS is backwards compatable). Yes? No? What's your thoughts on the matter?