By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

So, is this one of those tactics where Microsoft leaks some nice but not mind-blowing hardware just to get the competition in a "comfort zone"? Then Bam! Surprise surprise!!

Around the Network

I bet the 720 will have a SKU for more than $400 to rake in as much as possible from early adopters.

Pixel Art can be fun.

only 20 percent more powerful? Really? thats like gamecube to ps2 comparison, not that much powerful at all

RolStoppable said:
So in other words, the Xbox Doublespin will be a casual console. Well, not unexpected after Microsoft's Kinect push.

Not sure if serious...

They will aim to casuals but i dont believe they will abadon core gamers, thats just wishfull thinking...

pezus said:
That card will be pretty weak come late 2013...Even last year (2 years before rumoured 720 release) much more powerful cards existed. So, I call bogus!

pretty much...

Around the Network

Very sad if true, 6670 is a low end GPU today. How will it fare years from now? I understand that being an embedded system developers can squeeze much performance out of the hardware, however I question that a system built with this GPU can standardize 1080p and 60 FPS, considering this GPU would have to perform four times better to hit those marks in a game released almost 2 years ago:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/Metro-2033-Enthusiast,2664.html

They need to innovate.... Love or hate Wii U at least it's something new. If the new Xbox is the same franchises and controllers simply with more processing power they will suffer.....

BasilZero said:
Why Six times...why not seven D:

I wouldnt take IGN's rumors seriously fyi.

But this info really isnt even news worthy due to the fact its pretty obvious its gonna be x times better than the current gen. Now talking about gaming library , now that is another conversation ;)

Lets wait and see what MS will say at E3!

Why not?  They did pinpoint the Wii U rumor pretty well.  Sure, Nintendo will probably revamp some of the specs, but in the end IGN was correct about the basic specs, the controller having a screen, the size of the screen too.   

RolStoppable said:
So in other words, the Xbox Doublespin will be a casual console. Well, not unexpected after Microsoft's Kinect push.

And how did you come up with that pal?

it already seems kind of outdated if true. I know the gpu's of console work slightly different and are better optimized to the system's architecture but still.