By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament 2011 - Round 14

RolStoppable said:

Funny, I was just going to ask where the heck d21lewis is anyway. I guess he wanted to give other people a chance to win, he truly lives up to his 3DS username.

He actually changed it from Saint Lewis to d21lewis recently.  I suppose he did something naughty.

Around the Network

I feel like a lot of the members been mentioned so far havnt really been the most active in 2011 (a lot of them were in 2010 though), anyways here are some of the members i feel should have a mention. Im not exactly sure what the criteria is but im assuming its general contribution as well as the quality of said contribution .

Some suggestions for next rounds:

• VXIII - gamedb admin, and is quite a regular poster
  • radishhead - creates some genuinely interesting threads and keeps them going despite the level of interest users are showing. Is also a regular poster and an established member :)
  • Xxain - posts a lot and on many topics...
  • MasterVG71782 - big time contributor to the gamedb
  • Andrespetmonkey - the best 2011 new user imo, posts regularly, creates threads (topics vary), responses are well thought out, does not show disrespect to other users during debates, is a varied gamer too.
  • Ajescent -  not as active in 2011 as previous years but stil more active than most, i dont think i need to motivate for adjescent as he is a well established member :)
  • zarx - again an established member and is active
  • Zlejedi -  i think he was in a previous round, not sure? If not then i think this dude is pretty funny :)
  • thismeintiel - i dont like hes way of debating and hes clear bias, but hell most users have their bias. A prominent user in the sales discussion section, posts quite a bit and makes threads as well.
  • kitler53 - again not sure if was in previous round or not?
  • Aldro - creates interesting threads, a big sony fan but stil contributes to a lot of threads that are purely gaming related
  • I LOVE GIGGS - the winner of the fantasy league!!!
  • 09tarheel - not very active at all on the forums in general but like many others contributes in a big way to the site, this guy did amazing and i mean amazing work on the fantasy league this year doing the entire thing by himself and even going as far as to create another site which helped the flow of things AMAZING :)

Thats all i can think of for now...im sure there are a few others. Im usually in the sony/ms discussion area so dont see much prominent ninty posters, someone should name a few of those guys.

Edit: @Seece Hopefully this is what you meant by post below, if not then my bad

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

5p - pbroy
4p - Sethnintendo
3p - Mordred11
2p - Michael-5
1p - Zappykins

5p: Michael-5
4p: SethNintendo
3p: Mordred
2p: PBroy
1p: Zappykins

pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:

I feel like a lot of the members been mentioned so far havnt really been the most active in 2011 (a lot of them were in 2010 though), anyways here are some of the members i feel should have a mention. Im not exactly sure what the criteria is but im assuming its general contribution as well as the quality of said contribution .

Some suggestions for next rounds:

• VXIII - gamedb admin, and is quite a regular poster
  • radishhead - creates some genuinely interesting threads and keeps them going despite the level of interest users are showing. Is also a regular poster and an established member :)
  • Xxain - posts a lot and on many topics...
  • MasterVG71782 - big time contributor to the gamedb
  • Andrespetmonkey - the best 2011 user imo, posts regularly, creates threads (topics vary), responses are well thought out, does not show disrespect to other users during debates, is a varied gamer too.
  • Ajescent -  not as active in 2011 as previous years but stil more active than most, i dont think i need to motivate for adjescent as he is a well established member :)
  • zarx - again an established member and is active
  • Zlejedi -  i think he was in a previous round, not sure? If not then i think this dude is pretty funny :)
  • thismeintiel - i dont like hes way of debating and hes clear bias, but hell most users have their bias. A prominent user in the sales discussion section, posts quite a bit and makes threads as well.
  • kitler53 - again not sure if was in previous round or not?
  • Aldro - creates interesting threads, a big sony fan but stil contributes to a lot of threads that are purely gaming related
  • I LOVE GIGGS - the winner of the fantasy league!!!
  • 09tarheel - not very active at all on the forums in general but like many others contributes in a big way to the site, this guy did amazing and i mean amazing work on the fantasy league this year doing the entire thing by himself and even going as far as to create another site which helped the flow of things AMAZING :)

Thats all i can think of for now...im sure there are a few others. Im usually in the sony/ms discussion area so dont see much prominent ninty posters, someone should name a few of those guys.

Edit: @Seece Hopefully this is what you meant by post below, if not then my bad

I think many of those you mentioned have already been nominated. At least zarx, Zlejedi, kitler53.

yeah yeah had a feeling those guys were already mentioned

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

5p - Mordred11
4p - pbroy
3p - Michael-5
2p - Sethnintendo
1p - Zappykins (I'm really sorry but I have absolutely no idea who you are O.o I'm usually good at remembering users but I'm seriously clueless here)

RolStoppable said:
sethnintendo said:
RolStoppable said:

Funny, I was just going to ask where the heck d21lewis is anyway. I guess he wanted to give other people a chance to win, he truly lives up to his 3DS username.

He actually changed it from Saint Lewis to d21lewis recently.  I suppose he did something naughty.

By the way, are you people ever online? Well, I am not often online either, but the few times I play Mario Kart 7, absolutely nobody on my friends list is on (aside from cyberninja some weeks ago).

I'm online a lot but I'm hooked on Street Fighter, again.  I think it's a timezone difference, too.  Let me ask this:  When you played cyberninja (G-Cyber), who won?  I played him one night and that mo-fo is GOOD!  I was yelling "Curse you G-Cyber!" while my family laughed at me!

5p - Michael - Michael-5 is a very...entertaining poster. I don't often agree with his views, no, I never agree with his views and I almost always find his logic to be a bit off. In fact, I've gotten into a few debates with him myself. With all that, he can be a little irritating, but I'm still happy that he's a member here VGC.

One of the things I like about Michael-5 is his ability to debate heated topics in a calm manner. He puts up with aggressive posters throughout debates and always tries to keep a cool head.

Another thing I like about him is even though a lot of his stances are wrong IMO, he genuinely tries (or at least I think he does) to reach some sort of conclusion with his debaters. He tries to be respectful most of the time and even acknowledges when someone is a reasonable debater.

And the last thing I enjoy about this person is his devotion to his arguments. I've seen him continue to debate assertively for debates which can last days, weeks, and sometimes months. I even think other posters enjoy debating with M5 due to his usually calm manner, even if sometimes fallacious.

4p - Seth - I don't see Seth much, but I've seen him enough to form an opinion of him. He is Seth and he is Nintendo, therefore he is SethNintendo. Tell me that isn't cute. He respects my sense of humor, so that's a big plus. From the posts I've seen of his, he appears to be a fairly easy going dude with an occasional joke, so he's easily above the bottom 3.

3p - Mordred - I rarely see him, He seems to post in threads I don't enter, but at least he's more active than the two below.

2p - pbroy - I rarely see him/her

1p - Zappy - I have never seen him/her.

Boutros said:
1p - Zappykins (I'm really sorry but I have absolutely no idea who you are O.o I'm usually good at remembering users but I'm seriously clueless here)

It's because he's posted less than 200 times since he joined in 2009. I think all his posts were in 2011 though so...

pezus said:
^You're right about Michael . Even though I don't agree with his views most of the time, he's enjoyable to read and/or debate with

Yeah, he's a character. When he's very active, he can sometimes make me facepalm with the things he says. But when he's inactive, like now, I do miss his...unique posts.