By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171

After playing and beating the masterpiece that is Metal gear solid 4, I've been REALLY looking forward to the Metal Gear solid 3 remake on the 3ds. I never got a chance to play the Metal gear Solid games because I always bought Nintendo's home consoles. So when I got a PS3 and played MGS4 the game just blew me away.

Around the Network

make another post and put any old news in it and provide the view link to the post so you can save room in the op.

Gameplay for the new game made by Genius Sonority:

BasilZero said:
I am not sure whether to buy Dead or Alive 5 for Wii-U or PS3.

I guess it'll come down to the controller of the wii-U, I love the Dualshock on the PS3 for fighters ;x.

(Was originally planning to get it on the Wii-U since that announcement yesterday or so).

The Wii U's controller seems like it could be pretty good with fighters.

spurgeonryan said:
BasilZero said:
I am not sure whether to buy Dead or Alive 5 for Wii-U or PS3.

I guess it'll come down to the controller of the wii-U, I love the Dualshock on the PS3 for fighters ;x.

(Was originally planning to get it on the Wii-U since that announcement yesterday or so).

Damn my tablet erased what I wrote. Welcome back Basel. Lots happened while you were gone. Try out that game in the thread I made!

Yeah you were gone for quite awhile!

@Spurge Look at my questions for you on the post Basil posted on my wall!!!! XD

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Dead or Alive 5 may come to the Wii U. Yosuke Hayashi has hinted at it, he is one of the people creating Ninja Gaiden 3.

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

I see no reason why it cannot or will not come out on the Wii U or Wii Revolution. If they cited limitations on past Nintendo consoles, that should not be the case here. Oh shoot, I thought you were talking about GTA 5. As long as E3 impresses people, devs will be jumping on board! One year (possibly ) of no competition from the other two? Of course every big game will come! Why wouldn't they?

3rd parties have no excuse now. They must release their games on the Wii U or they shall face the consequences!

I don't see why this is the case. Same could be said of GC which had poor 3rd party support and then when Wii came out and doubled it's competitors sales, everyone said the same thing "3rd parties have no excuse, support or face the consequences" but ultimately Wii also had poor 3rd party support. 3rd parties will try some games on WiiU like they did GC and Wii and if they don't sell as well as or better than on PS3/360 expect 3rd party support to disappear - quick.

Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Dead or Alive 5 may come to the Wii U. Yosuke Hayashi has hinted at it, he is one of the people creating Ninja Gaiden 3.

“We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.”

I see no reason why it cannot or will not come out on the Wii U or Wii Revolution. If they cited limitations on past Nintendo consoles, that should not be the case here. Oh shoot, I thought you were talking about GTA 5. As long as E3 impresses people, devs will be jumping on board! One year (possibly ) of no competition from the other two? Of course every big game will come! Why wouldn't they?

3rd parties have no excuse now. They must release their games on the Wii U or they shall face the consequences!

I don't see why this is the case. Same could be said of GC which had poor 3rd party support and then when Wii came out and doubled it's competitors sales, everyone said the same thing "3rd parties have no excuse, support or face the consequences" but ultimately Wii also had poor 3rd party support. 3rd parties will try some games on WiiU like they did GC and Wii and if they don't sell as well as or better than on PS3/360 expect 3rd party support to disappear - quick.

The Wii U would have better third party support because already some 3rd parties have said how easy it is to develop with the Wii U and it'll make it much easier to put their games on the console since it HD and they don't have to downgrade anything.

Let her be with her sexy leg! XD

NintendoPie said:
Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

The Wii U would have better third party support because already some 3rd parties have said how easy it is to develop with the Wii U and it'll make it much easier to put their games on the console since it HD and they don't have to downgrade anything.

Not only that, but we live in a multiplat era. Publishers want their games on as many platforms as possible and removing the barrier means there's no reason Wii U shouldn't be getting these games. It's not really going to hinge on individual game sales as much, as the PS3 has proven - got was continually creamed in multiplat sales by the 360, and even in the cases of games being released on all 3 platforms (Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero, etc) it would still come in last place, but developers didn't abandon it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
NintendoPie said:
Gamerace said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Not only that, but we live in a multiplat era. Publishers want their games on as many platforms as possible and removing the barrier means there's no reason Wii U shouldn't be getting these games. It's not really going to hinge on individual game sales as much, as the PS3 has proven - got was continually creamed in multiplat sales by the 360, and even in the cases of games being released on all 3 platforms (Call of Duty 3, Guitar Hero, etc) it would still come in last place, but developers didn't abandon it.

Exactly! Removing this "graphics" barrier now means 3rd parties can now develop easier for Nintendo.