By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why doesnt Sony charge for PSN membership?

Should Sony charge for PSN membership?

Yes, it makes sense. 108 24.16%

NO! 297 66.44%

I couldn't care less, man-bear-pig! 42 9.40%

Total:447
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its supposed to be free, the only thing MS has influenced them to do is take more and more of peoples money. Sony and Nintendo had the right idea.

Naturally when Sony, the life insurance company, decides to "take more of peoples money" you somehow find a way to blame it on MS "influencing them" LOL.

Technically PSN will always be free. Sony had to find a decent way to get your money and tack multiplayer onto it. 

Technically who cares? Technically XBL is free. We're talking about paying to play online.

Yeah...keep telling yourself that. Try crosschatting with your friends without gold. Try Netflix...I dare you.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah...keep telling yourself that. Try crosschatting with your friends without gold. Try Netflix...I dare you.

LOL.. you "dare me"? Hilarious. By the way, you can "cross chat" with people on XBL without Gold. You must be referring to party chat. Either way, both XBL and PSN are free next gen. You can certainly do more on PSN without paying, you seem confused as you are arguing that point as if someone said otherwise. I guess when Sony started charging for online play you really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to twist it into a positive.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its supposed to be free, the only thing MS has influenced them to do is take more and more of peoples money. Sony and Nintendo had the right idea.

Naturally when Sony, the life insurance company, decides to "take more of peoples money" you somehow find a way to blame it on MS "influencing them" LOL.

Technically PSN will always be free. Sony had to find a decent way to get your money and tack multiplayer onto it. 

Except it isn't, you need to pay for it to play multiplayer = paywall.

Not every Playstation gamer likes multiplayer and cross chat and all the goodies outside of multiplayer will always be there free. Xbox Live Gold is the truest of all paywalls in gaming.

Pathetic ... just pathetic stage. You don't look for any logic or reason anymore, just bash bash bash when it comes to Microsoft. I give up, putting you on ignore, don't wanna see any more of your posts ever again.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL.. you "dare me"? Hilarious. By the way, you can "cross chat" with people on XBL without Gold. You must be referring to party chat. Either way, both XBL and PSN are free next gen. You can certainly do more on PSN without paying, you seem confused as you are arguing that point as if someone said otherwise. I guess when Sony started charging for online play you really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to twist it into a positive.

Just ignore him and move on, you'll never get any reasoned or valid response.

This forum has ignore?

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
This forum has ignore?

I have a plug in (no idea how I actually got it mind)

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think you're referring to voice messaging, not cross-chat aka party chat. Anyway, I admitted that I was not happy plenty of times when Sony first changed their policy. At some point I could understand that they needed the money. I am not twisting one thing.  As I said to Seece and some others, you just don't like the way I say it.  You've proven nothing about me "twisting" anything. I could change my ways so that you could accept it, but any criticism would make you turn your head. Some people cannot accept things which question the brand they are emotionally attached to.

Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Except it isn't, you need to pay for it to play multiplayer = paywall.

Not every Playstation gamer likes multiplayer and cross chat and all the goodies outside of multiplayer will always be there free. Xbox Live Gold is the truest of all paywalls in gaming.

Pathetic ... just pathetic stage. You don't look for any logic or reason anymore, just bash bash bash when it comes to Microsoft. I give up, putting you on ignore, don't wanna see any more of your posts ever again.

Whats pathetic? What logic am I not using? What are you so afraid of? The fact that I brought up some people not wanting to pay for online because the don't game online? Who gives a shit! Move on with your life. You responded to me. No one was talking to you.

How is this an argument.

Facts are simple

You need to have PS+ or Xbox Live to play online.

Both cost money.

Doesn't matter what bonuses or discounts you get with either, fact is you are now FORCED to pay a monthly fee in order to play online.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think you're referring to voice messaging, not cross-chat aka party chat. Anyway, I admitted that I was not happy plenty of times when Sony first changed their policy. At some point I could understand that they needed the money. I am not twisting one thing.  As I said to Seece and some others, you just don't like the way I say it.  You've proven nothing about me "twisting" anything. I could change my ways so that you could accept it, but any criticism would make you turn your head. Some people cannot accept things which question the brand they are emotionally attached to.

Voice messages do require Gold. But you can voice chat with people at no charge. Whether or not you're happy with Sony's decision is irrelevant. Nor do I care what brands you love or are emotionally attached to. You make silly comments so I respond and laugh, it's just that simple. It's funny to me that you bash MS for so long for charging for online play and now that Sony does it, you reach deep to find ways to make it seem ok or even downright honorable. Sounds like something an emotionally invested person would do.