By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yipes! Is it true?

They might delay it, nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to stay positive, hopefully the push it foward :D

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

looks like its march

I trust the Dojo.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

If this is true, then they better release Super Smash Bros. on the VC. That alone made the N64 game worth buying. I doubt its being delayed though. It comes out in two weeks in Japan, and they would have made a decision to delay it earlier.

Why delay it to compete with the Wiiware launch?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Simple: who's going to download the original when they can get the latest version? Probably not as many as would downlaod it in anticipation of the still-forthcoming latest version.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I hope it's true. I have too many games to finish right now, and it looks likes I'll have little to buy in March otherwise.

More talk of Brawl delay *update*
January 9th, 2008

This is the second time we are talking about a possible Brawl delay. The first post can be found here.

Hey guys, I just jumped into my email for a minute to send off something, and I was inundated with more Brawl delay emails. I have heard from a few of our readers that work at retail stores, and their computers are indeed showing a Brawl delay (these submitters wish to remain anonymous). These delays are all for different dates in March. GameStop/EB is yet to change their date. Once again, when I asked our rep, I got the ‘do not comment on rumors’ statement.

I would like to put a call out to anyone that is in a position to look up release date info. If you work at a retailer that sells games, check out what your release date for Brawl is. I’d like to make a running list of retailers that have Brawl marked for a delay.

I’ll catch you guys around 11 PM EST. For now, back to Bethany!

*UPDATE* - Nintendo customer service response, sent in by reader Andy…

I empathize with your frustration at having to wait a little longer to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Like you, many of us here were counting down the days until the December release.

Having said that, we know that the development team has been working to make this edition of Super Smash Bros. the best ever, and wouldn’t push back a firm release date unless there was a good reason to do so. It’s worth noting that there are still many things about this game that haven’t yet been revealed. On behalf of Nintendo I ask for your patience as we prepare for the February 10th launch date.

Again from GoNintendo. Still hope it isn't true.

Oh no, you guys almost got shafted half as badly as we Europeans are. =/

The Dojo still says the 10th.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged