By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZOMG!! JL was incorrect, Wii won't hit 20 mil this year :(

As we can all see, the American numbers are up and the Wii is 490K away from JL's lofty goal.  I would like JL to come in here and personally concede defeat now, as I and many people on this site were correct.  Since the Wii will not hit 490K this week, unless the Japan preview this week was close to 100% off, it's not gonna happen. 

Around the Network

Oh. I thought you put this up in 2008. I was like WTF?

The 360 won't bomb, the Ps3 won't sell out past 100 million, the Wii will. Over all predictions, NINTENDO IS BACK IN FIRST BITCHES!

Let's just round all the numbers up and make everyone happy :)

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

What was your prediction?

Desroko said:
What was your prediction?

I said something like 18.5 by years end

Around the Network

He made a crazy prediction nobody believed, and ended up being so darn close that it's well within an understandable error margin. Even if he was clearly wrong by a lot, it's not like we do public humiliations every time there's a prediction that goes wrong. Otherwise there wouldn't be many Sony fans willing to open their mouths at all.

Hell, he was probably two or three times closer than you were. Were you with the 17 million or 18 million crowd? You're the last person on the internet who should be claiming victory over our John.

No but that was different, I wasn't proclaiming it everywhere, I knew that I may have been off, but he said 20 mil was the minimum, with a max of 24. That is way different. I really don't want him to come and apologize, but I just like being right.

I agree with Soriku. JL was one of the first to make the prediction (that most everyone thought was improbable) and he came very close.

@DMeisterJ

What was your prediction Mr. IwasRightandJLwaswrong?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

So, he beat you.

This is just asinine.

JL, close enough.

This thread, fail.