By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Plenty of CG for FF Versus XIII

Tagged games:

I noticed I don't give a shi about Final Fantasys anymore after XIII and Square Enix screwing around and that makes me sad..Ah well at least there are those old classics.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

The cut scene will be "So Life Like"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The next time Nomura says anything about this game he needs to have a trailer with a release date. Enough of this bullshit.

phinch1 said:
im sure this game actually started in development on the ps2

Actually I'm pretty sure you're right funny enough.

makingmusic476 said:

I think all the negativity has been used on FFXIII.   FFXIII got the "this long for this?" treatment because of all the hype, and it's tempered people's expectations of Versus considerably.   Whenever it comes out, it'll probably be more like "Oh.  That game.  Hey, it's actually pretty good."

At least that's the feeling I get given the way people talk about XIII and Versus now.  It'll end up kinda like Red Dead Redemption, methinks.

I'm currently replaying Red Dead Redemption for the first time since the game released. I'd forgot just how brilliant it is.

I hope you're right.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I'm currently replaying Red Dead Redemption for the first time since the game released. I'd forgot just how brilliant it is.

I hope you're right.

I didn't mean to imply it'd top all the charts or anything.  Just that it would do favorably against people's expectations, given many are probably expecting it to underwhelm like XIII.  

Though given what we've seen, I think it has the potential to garner as much critical acclaim as Red Dead Redemption.  And it'd be great if it ended up deserving such praise, given how cool the concept looks.

A203D said:

This is not the right sort of information to be telling people. FF13's biggest problem was the amount of time they spent making cutscenes rather than focusing on the quality of those cutscenes and the quality of the gameplay.

I agree 

FFXIII, and XIII-2 are graphicly better  than any other JRPG. So it looking great I don't think really concerns anyone, Unless it's released when the PS4 is released.
The only reason for that comment I'd think, because of FF13-2's lack of CG cutscenes. But I dunno. 

blkfish92 said:
phinch1 said:

think i saw it on wiki saying it was... oh well cant check now!

phinch1 said:
blkfish92 said:
phinch1 said:

Wikipedia is back up. Not only that but even when it was 'Blacked out' it was still easily accessible. You either just disable Java for the site, load a page then stop loading before the blackout image appeared or lastly just put ?banner=none. So yea 3 easy ways around.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

phinch1 said:
blkfish92 said:
phinch1 said:

LOLOL