By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Hm, this forum certainly lacks "subscribe" button/link at topics...
Let me greet everyone once again, in a separate topic.
Hi, I'm Haxton and I've been a weeaboo for over two years now. Some time ago I started watching less animu, turning towards mango and VNs instead (which I recommend). I'm a loser for goth lolis and yuri stuff.
And here's my MAL account. Feel free to +1 your friendz list.

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

[01:33] tsundra

Around the Network

Haxton o/

Anyway, that is why you have the Forum Buddy on the left hand side of the screen - just zoom out a bit on your netbook

Yeah, I can see the buddy (which is very handy), but the problem is that there's no option to subscribe to a topic without posting in it.

That, or I'm going blind. Which is just as likely.

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

outlawauron said:
I know it's been a while since I posted here, but I'll never leave you again.

Sword Art is still great, love Tonari as well.

I'm surprised how much I still like Sword Art after the first arc finished, when I first heard about it I thought it'd get really boring without that danger element, but it's still fun to watch.

This season is going really well, quite a few animes I enjoy watching as well as the continuation of shows I enjoyed in the last season.  Love that Jormungand and Bakuman have continued and surprisingly I'm even finding the weaker series like Girls und Panzer and the latest sister anime pretty fun.  Two well done romantic animes in Sukitte and Tonari.  None of that stuff that bogged down other series in the genre and eventually made me hate them like continually misunderstanding each others feelings to the point that the two never get together.  I always find that so annoying.  

I have to agree, Girls und Panzer is doing quite good for such a silly premise. Looks like a lot of care is put into model detail and animation and, unlike Upotte, it seems to have some sort of plot. I'm certainly not disappointed.

Around the Network

Some people hate on SAO for its new arc, but I think the newest episode cemented it as a more than solid.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
I heard that the Kurosawa and Full Metal Panic animes on the new Winter list are just BS and they commonly appear on these type of lists (as lies of course) :/

Then again I thought it was weird that there was no news about animes for them when I did a Google search...

Of course. I've written off a new FMP or a new Spice and Wolf from ever happening.

Anybody know of any good Animes in the fashion of Toradora!, Clannad, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, or Baccano that I can watch!?

I know it's a wide range of genres, but that's exactly why I put them. I'm up for anything quality, really. Have not seen an Anime in two years. Need to get back into it... and I really need a stepping-stone show that I can use to get back in.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Soriku said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Anybody know of any good Animes in the fashion of Toradora!, Clannad, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, or Baccano that I can watch!?

I know it's a wide range of genres, but that's exactly why I put them. I'm up for anything quality, really. Have not seen an Anime in two years. Need to get back into it... and I really need a stepping-stone show that I can use to get back in.

Mirai Nikki or Steins Gate.

Mirai Nikki sounds interesting

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

It almost seems if you're asking for another well-aclaimed show because they have almost nothing in common except for being super popular.