By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

darkknightkryta said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Just finished reading Ouran High School Host Club manga. Loved it.
I want something similar to it (Comedy/romantic/happy ending). Can you recommend something for me?

It's pretty old and not quite as funny but Kimagure Orange Road is a good one.  Though with that said there's not really much anime anymore that has the over exaggerated comedy.

Thanks. I don't like tha art style. Actually I hate it. 

I don't think I'm going to watch it. Do you have something else?

Thank you anyway. 

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:
darkknightkryta said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I want something similar to it (Comedy/romantic/happy ending). Can you recommend something for me?

It's pretty old and not quite as funny but Kimagure Orange Road is a good one.  Though with that said there's not really much anime anymore that has the over exaggerated comedy.

Thank you anyway. 

Ranma 1/2.  It has the same exagerratedness of Host Club but light on the romance (Though Host Club was light on romance too).

School Rumble is another one, I didn't personally like it all that much but it's a very happy go show and as Forest-Spirit here has said "It's my anti-depressant drug".

I haven't personally watched any of them but the Tenchi series is funny I hear (I have Tenchi GX2 sitting on my shelf sealed waiting to be opened/watched).

Slayers, that's a good one, very funny and it's a bit older so they have the large head comedy parts that no one uses anymore.

There's a few more that are action oriented, like Fairy Tail. 

With that said there isn't really much or anything, like Ouran.  I seriously hope they make an OVA to finish up the story.  There's a live action of Ouran that's pretty decent too.

pezus said:
Started watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Really enjoying it so far, especially the music and animation :O. I'm a sucker for sci-fi as well

That really is a superlative series. The Tachikomas' philosophic technobabble on the nature of existence is both interesting and frustrating.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

darkknightkryta said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
darkknightkryta said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

Thank you anyway. 

Ranma 1/2.  It has the same exagerratedness of Host Club but light on the romance (Though Host Club was light on romance too).

School Rumble is another one, I didn't personally like it all that much but it's a very happy go show and as Forest-Spirit here has said "It's my anti-depressant drug".

I haven't personally watched any of them but the Tenchi series is funny I hear (I have Tenchi GX2 sitting on my shelf sealed waiting to be opened/watched).

Slayers, that's a good one, very funny and it's a bit older so they have the large head comedy parts that no one uses anymore.

With that said there isn't really much or anything, like Ouran.  I seriously hope they make an OVA to finish up the story.  There's a live action of Ouran that's pretty decent too.

I watched School Rumble. loved it. I might start reading the manga.

I'll take a look at the other suggestions. Thank you very much.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
darkknightkryta said:

I watched School Rumble. loved it. I might start reading the manga.

I'll take a look at the other suggestions. Thank you very much.

You are very welcome =D

Around the Network

I've now finished Hyouka, Gundam Age, and Aquarion S1 and I started Kokoro Connect.

Only currently airing shows I've caught up on are Eureka Seven and Sword Art.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
I've now finished Hyouka, Gundam Age, and Aquarion S1 and I started Kokoro Connect.

Where do you people find the time to watch so many anime? O.O

darkknightkryta said:
outlawauron said:

Where do you people find the time to watch so many anime? O.O

lol, I spend a very small amount of time watching anime. I"m so incredibly far behind that it's really sad. I just haven't updated in this thread for quite a while and it's not like I've seen them all from start to end in this time span.

General feelings of each new  anime I watched from the first episoe and will be updated when the rest of the anime starts.

Shinsekai yori: Some of the best art I've seen in  a long time, the story is intresting though a bit boring.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Very funny show even though it has the most horrid OP in the history of Anime.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: My pick right now for most likley to be my favorite of the season, it has everything right.

K:.....The plot is a clusterfuck...thats all.

Btooom!: A pretty good adaption of the manga, how they do one certain scene will either fill me with relif or fear for the series.

Hayate, Can't Take my Eyes off You: Very nice change up of the orignal story and I have high hopes since it's written by the manga's author.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne: My guilty pleasure anime of the season, and it's proving to be what I expected.

Gintama: More of Gintama greatness what else to say?

Former something....

Blacksaber said:

General feelings of each new  anime I watched from the first episoe and will be updated when the rest of the anime starts.

Shinsekai yori: Some of the best art I've seen in  a long time, the story is intresting though a bit boring.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Very funny show even though it has the most horrid OP in the history of Anime.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: My pick right now for most likley to be my favorite of the season, it has everything right.

K:.....The plot is a clusterfuck...thats all.

Btooom!: A pretty good adaption of the manga, how they do one certain scene will either fill me with relif or fear for the series.

Hayate, Can't Take my Eyes off You: Very nice change up of the orignal story and I have high hopes since it's written by the manga's author.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne: My guilty pleasure anime of the season, and it's proving to be what I expected.

Gintama: More of Gintama greatness what else to say?

Sank you.