By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
I watch some anime, although mainly shows like DBZ, Naruto & FMA. I don't have cable and mainly use Netflix. What would you say the best shows are, or movies.

Also, if anyone knows. Is Crunchy Roll worth the subscription and do I get a large extensive library to sift through?

The subscription only nets you access to what they have quicker (they launch episodes they have licensed within an hour of Japanese air-time, which is an effective way of co-oping the fansubbers), from my understanding, anyway.

So a crunchyroll subscription will get you episodes of Naruto, legally, within an hour of Japanese air-time (so 7:30/6:30 AM every Thursday if you're on the East Coast).

It doesn't have a library of all past episodes and seasons, only latest episodes for shows?

I would assume they have a back library, so long as their licenses are current. If it can be done illegally en masse, surely they have the funding to do it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
I watch some anime, although mainly shows like DBZ, Naruto & FMA. I don't have cable and mainly use Netflix. What would you say the best shows are, or movies.

Also, if anyone knows. Is Crunchy Roll worth the subscription and do I get a large extensive library to sift through?

The subscription only nets you access to what they have quicker (they launch episodes they have licensed within an hour of Japanese air-time, which is an effective way of co-oping the fansubbers), from my understanding, anyway.

So a crunchyroll subscription will get you episodes of Naruto, legally, within an hour of Japanese air-time (so 7:30/6:30 AM every Thursday if you're on the East Coast).

It doesn't have a library of all past episodes and seasons, only latest episodes for shows?

I would assume they have a back library, so long as their licenses are current. If it can be done illegally en masse, surely they have the funding to do it.

No they don't actually have a back library for U.S. liscensed titles.  Naruto is locked to the subscription, so is Bleach's previous seasons.  Though those are the only cases I know of.  HD is also locked to subscriptions.  And about your Fairy Tail comments, I agree.  The core of the guild is pretty much on the same level as everyone, like Erza may be the strongest, but doesn't mean Natsu, Lucy or Gray suck.  It just does so many things right.  The only thing is, I'm getting dissapointed with that cat who can see the future.  This current story and last story was pretty much "Something bad is going to happen." and then you get a constant reminder "Something bad is going to happen".  For f'ks sake, I get it, you don't need a premonition every story arc!

darkknightkryta said:
Mr Khan said:

No they don't actually have a back library for U.S. liscensed titles.  Naruto is locked to the subscription, so is Bleach's previous seasons.  Though those are the only cases I know of.  HD is also locked to subscriptions.  And about your Fairy Tail comments, I agree.  The core of the guild is pretty much on the same level as everyone, like Erza may be the strongest, but doesn't mean Natsu, Lucy or Gray suck.  It just does so many things right.  The only thing is, I'm getting dissapointed with that cat who can see the future.  This current story and last story was pretty much "Something bad is going to happen." and then you get a constant reminder "Something bad is going to happen".  For f'ks sake, I get it, you don't need a premonition every story arc!

Something more specific than random bad feelings would be useful, kinda like what she had during the Edolas arc.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
darkknightkryta said:
Mr Khan said:

Something more specific than random bad feelings would be useful, kinda like what she had during the Edolas arc.

I got back into Fairy Tail after Edolas arc, but the island arc and the current arc, had specific visions.  It's just annoying because it's becoming repetetive, and this is going to be the third time that she's "had a vision" of something bad happening.

Signed up for the Free Trial and from what I see, if I decide to stick with it I would only need to take the anime pass which is only $7/month.

Back catalog is alright since I only hit episode 136 on Naruto, never saw Bleach and I saw plenty of other shows to keep me interested.

Where would be the best place to watch One Piece though? They do not have it on CrunchyRoll and I hear the US version is crap.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:
On the last episode of Ao No exorcist and man talk about rushing though this show could of been great and be one of my all time fav

That's what happens when you decide to take a massive dump on the source material and throw some of it together.

lol yeah I guess thats what happened , but I'll give the manga a shot.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Euphoria14 said:
Signed up for the Free Trial and from what I see, if I decide to stick with it I would only need to take the anime pass which is only $7/month.

Back catalog is alright since I only hit episode 136 on Naruto, never saw Bleach and I saw plenty of other shows to keep me interested.

Where would be the best place to watch One Piece though? They do not have it on CrunchyRoll and I hear the US version is crap.

It's not so much that the U.S. version was crap, it's that the 4Kids version was crap.  Though after 4Kids realized they couldn't kidify the show they just gave it to Funimation.  Funimation has come a long ways since doing Dragon Ball Z.  I'd even give Dragon Ball Kai's dub a chance since the script is pretty accurate.  And about where to find One Piece legit, Funimation's site.  I've actually been watching Fairy Tail there to try to watch the show legitimately.  Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do after episode 50, and Crunchyroll has after episode 100.  On a semi-related note; 4Kids is bankrupt and gone.  Yugioh U.S. rights now belong to Konami and everything else of 4Kids now belongs to Saban Entertainment.  Which is probably just as bad.  Saban hasn't exactly done a good job with anime either, but times have changed.  It's a different market now and Haim did actually like anime so maybe they won't be too bad. 

darkknightkryta said:
Euphoria14 said:

It's not so much that the U.S. version was crap, it's that the 4Kids version was crap.  Though after 4Kids realized they couldn't kidify the show they just gave it to Funimation.  Funimation has come a long ways since doing Dragon Ball Z.  I'd even give Dragon Ball Kai's dub a chance since the script is pretty accurate.  And about where to find One Piece legit, Funimation's site.  I've actually been watching Fairy Tail there to try to watch the show legitimately.  Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do after episode 50, and Crunchyroll has after episode 100.  On a semi-related note; 4Kids is bankrupt and gone.  Yugioh U.S. rights now belong to Konami and everything else of 4Kids now belongs to Saban Entertainment.  Which is probably just as bad.  Saban hasn't exactly done a good job with anime either, but times have changed.  It's a different market now and Haim did actually like anime so maybe they won't be too bad. 

Thank you very much.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

thx Basil for the Autumn list~

Lame. Soriku dropped best show of last year.

I'm still incredibly far behind on anime, but I'm slowly catching up. Very slowly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.