By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Hi, I wonder if anyone could recommend me an Anime or manga. I have been looking for one, but the one I found was in hiatus. To make it easier to recommend, these are the ones I have enjoyed greatly:
- Bleach (Anime and Manga)
- Liar Game (Manga)
- Chobitz (Manga, dunno if there is an Anime)
-Bartender (Manga)
- Naruto (Both)

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:
outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:
Omg someone else in here loves gintama! Lol It's one of my favorite anime and mangas. They are just pure win.

Kinda bound to happen, don't you think? Gintama is incredibly popular!

Yeah it is but here in the U.S everyone that I talked to pretty much hate it lol.

This is the reflection of user ratings on MAL which has over 300,000 active users predominantly from the US. It has Gintama S1 and S2 in the top 5. Talk to more people!

I must be talking to the wrong crowd lol. Damn you hipsters. That's cool though that people like it. I hope the next season comes out soon or that it isn't cancelled lol.

echoesfromthepast said:
Naruto is nearing the conclusion and it's getting really intense. So anyone who was turned off by the fillers - there probably won't be any more of them

Dont hold your luck just yet those fillers attack when you least expect it.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

xKakashi209x said:
outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:
outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:
Omg someone else in here loves gintama! Lol It's one of my favorite anime and mangas. They are just pure win.

Kinda bound to happen, don't you think? Gintama is incredibly popular!

Yeah it is but here in the U.S everyone that I talked to pretty much hate it lol.

This is the reflection of user ratings on MAL which has over 300,000 active users predominantly from the US. It has Gintama S1 and S2 in the top 5. Talk to more people!

I must be talking to the wrong crowd lol. Damn you hipsters. That's cool though that people like it. I hope the next season comes out soon or that it isn't cancelled lol.

Well, I'm more inclined to think hipsters would like Gintama, but that's irrelevant.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SnakeDrake said:
echoesfromthepast said:
Naruto is nearing the conclusion and it's getting really intense. So anyone who was turned off by the fillers - there probably won't be any more of them

Dont hold your luck just yet those fillers attack when you least expect it.

It would be hard for them to wedge such filler in at this point, unless they take a page out of their own (same studio) book, and do filler that they don't even bother trying to wedge into the plot, like a few of the arcs in Bleach.

As for myself, i'm enjoying Toriko on Kamal's recommendation.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Its my guts telling me that Sasuke part in the third sinobi war is over and the naruto series will still continue afterwards.

Anyways just finished watching Kore Wa Zombie Desuka? season 2 yesterday and it was awesome cant wait for season 3 next year.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I'm finally able to start watching anime again. I'm nearly caught up on Accel World!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Gunslinger Girl FTW

Buying a PS4 nuff said.

BasilZero said:
AlphaCielago said:
Hi, I wonder if anyone could recommend me an Anime or manga. I have been looking for one, but the one I found was in hiatus. To make it easier to recommend, these are the ones I have enjoyed greatly:
- Bleach (Anime and Manga)
- Liar Game (Manga)
- Chobitz (Manga, dunno if there is an Anime)
-Bartender (Manga)
- Naruto (Both)

Chobits has an anime.

I would suggest you watch One Piece since you watched Bleach and Naruto.

I maybe should of have also listed other anime/manga that I have read/watched. While I think OP is good, it's not that great. The main characters are bland too me, I don't like them too much and I have not enjoyed an OP arc since Impel Down. Marineford was too dramatic, the flashbacks were a bore to me and fishman Island is too boring at least the current arc in the manga is pretty decent. I also did not know there was an Chobitz anime, I never bothered searching for that, I was too fixated in finding an Liar Game anime and it appears that there is none

Oh, about the character thing in OP, maybe I should not say much about it as my favorite characters is Gekko Moria and Brook.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

So I was looking through Crunchyroll alphabetically and I came across something that really brought me back.

Gundam Wing!

The first anime I've ever watched on English T.V. that didn't completely try to destroy it.  Original music intact, script intact, intro intact, mildly edited for blood and rare violence, it was everything I was hoping for.  Though they changed the ending credits to a instrumental version of Just Communication, which was weird. Though I liked the way that instrumental version sounded, that alto sax was killing it, and the way the song ended on that one note, amazing!  Made it sound like an 80s show.

Anyways Intro:

Ending edited: