By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Which poor soul hasn't watched shinegi no kyugen?

Around the Network

holy shit episode 4 of Kill La Kill was EPIC!

I should have watched it sooner lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

BasilZero said:

Is it still going on ?

Anyways, finally caught up to One piece n_n.....now to check if Monogatari Season 2 is done....

Edit: and it isnt @_@

Monogatari is going for 26 episodes in all plus there is going to be another season soon after. I think that will be it for a while though. Kill la kill is probably going to be in the 24-26 range as well. 

BTW have you guys heard that Space Dandy is going to be simulcasted in NA on Toonami starting in January on Sat. 11:30pm. If you don't know what Space Dandy is, these videos might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o480GrsQGmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Hz0DRrKLA

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

zarx said:

holy shit episode 4 of Kill La Kill was EPIC!

I should have watched it sooner lol

Also got to love the Pulp Fiction referances.

I was expecting Inferno Cop to show up randomly considering how close Trigger went to it with this episode. 

Former something....

Kill la Kill is pretty fun, third episode was What I call EPIC... and fourth was Fun... but I have been enjoying Kyousougiga a lot more.. is similar in animations but story and character designs I think is a lot better...

kill la Kill, I was hoping for something epic in the styyle of Gurren lagann, but ended being more like Furikuri, which is fine anyway...

And the most fun comedic anime this season goes to NouKoume... really bizarre and fun!...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:
Kill la Kill is pretty fun, third episode was What I call EPIC... and fourth was Fun... but I have been enjoying Kyousougiga a lot more.. is similar in animations but story and character designs I think is a lot better...

kill la Kill, I was hoping for something epic in the styyle of Gurren lagann, but ended being more like Furikuri, which is fine anyway...

And the most fun comedic anime this season goes to NouKoume... really bizarre and fun!...

I like Kyousou Giga but it lacks the impact of Kill La Kill, it's clearly going for a more fairy tale inspired whimsical style. Kill La Kill has the same self serious but way over the top referential style that Gurren Lagann, it takes the tropes of the genre and turns them up to 11. Tho more highschool and sports etc rather than classic mecha and space opera shows.

I don't think that the animations are very similar at all they are animated very differently, Kill La Kill's style is actually pretty distinct by combining a lot of insperations from different styles (including western influinces especialy WB cartoons) and also using a bunch of different styles within each episode.

I skipped NouKoume because it looked like another highschool romantic comedy and I am pretty sick of those at the moment. Is it different enough to warrent watching?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
DemoniOtaku said:

I like Kyousou Giga but it lacks the impact of Kill La Kill, it's clearly going for a more fairy tale inspired whimsical style. Kill La Kill has the same self serious but way over the top referential style that Gurren Lagann, it takes the tropes of the genre and turns them up to 11. Tho more highschool and sports etc rather than classic mecha and space opera shows.

I don't think that the animations are very similar at all they are animated very differently, Kill La Kill's style is actually pretty distinct by combining a lot of insperations from different styles (including western influinces especialy WB cartoons) and also using a bunch of different styles within each episode.

I skipped NouKoume because it looked like another highschool romantic comedy and I am pretty sick of those at the moment. Is it different enough to warrent watching?

Is comedy on a highschool setting... the protagonist have a curse that make him take choice that appears as a UI of a visual Novel game, if he don't choose one quick He suffer of a intense pain, So he end making stupid and weird things in front of people most of the time... the curse thing is complimented with some females characters pretty wierd too and some others cliché... but overall is entertained and fun.. have a good animation too... was a surprise for me this season...

Well, I like both, Kill la Kill and kyousougiga...  but the fantasy setting of the later I like it more... on the animations I think are pretty similar but not equal, like uyou say KLK is more western-like sometimes... but the major difference is that the characters on KLK are more deformed most of the time, giving a impression of wacky like western animation that remember more of Panty & Stocking than Furi Kuri or Gurren Lagann...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. I'm 24 years old and embarrassed to say that, but I really wanted to play in a game like this! Very good anime overall, although it feels a bit rushed (maybe the majority like it like that). 

The scene in episode 24, where Kirito saved Asuna was ugly. Raping a woman in front of her lover is too much, especially since nothing in the anime suggested that it will have a violent ending! The scene where Kirito killed Sogu was also too much, but not as ugly as raping Asuna!

I LOVE GIGGS said:

Just finished watching Sword Art Online. I'm 24 years old and embarrassed to say that, but I really wanted to play in a game like this! Very good anime overall, although it feels a bit rushed (maybe the majority like it like that). 

The scene in episode 24, where Kirito saved Asuna was ugly. Raping a woman in front of her lover is too much, especially since nothing in the anime suggested that it will have a violent ending! The scene where Kirito killed Sogu was also too much, but not as ugly as raping Asuna!

i agree that a game like this would be fun and when I first watched it, I thought it was pretty good. Then, I rewatched it and noticed the glaring stupidity throughout the series. A prime example of this is the beater thing at the end of episode 2. Why in the world would you complain that someone knew something ahead of time if he did beat the boss especially when your life is on the line. There are many worst examples as the show goes on. Also, for the love of god, STAY AWAY FROM CHAPTER 16.5

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I'm liking Log Horizon a lot more than I ever liked SAO, which I dropped well before the end. Also, the combat in SAO felt really shallow, where all the classes and skills in Log Horizon really appeals to an ex-WOW player like myself.