By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should we force morbidly obese into fat camp?

Should there be a mandatory fat camp for morbidly obese?

Yes 55 47.41%

No 59 50.86%

Total:114

Morbidly obese people I don't have any remorse for.   Sure there are fat people that I get to know that I don't make fun of like that (such as a coworker or boss). However, a general unknown fat person gets little respect from me. Oh it is so hard to not be 200+ lbs overweight.... Give me a break. How about you go back to the basics and eat what humans are supposed to eat. Mainly a plant based diet with some meat if so wish. Ewww!!!! fruits and veggies are gross!!!! Everyone has different taste and there is a shitload of variety of fruits and veggies found on this planet. Now go eat what you are supposed to eat and get a little movement going.

Being fat is not a disability.  It might have caused to become immobile but it is not a disease.  It is being pure lazy and self indulgent.  I do not look down on any person that has a real disease, but I am sorry being fat is not a disease.  Now, you have obese people given handicap parking spots when there should be a special section way in the back for them (The fat people parking space).  By the way the few times I do go to stores I always park in the back.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:
No. Government should leave people free to do what they want.

Healthcare shouldn't be free and if it kills them, then so be it.

Fatties are driving up the cost of healthcare.

If healthcare wasnt' subisidized by everyone or free for everyone, they'd only drive up their own healtcare costs.

I actually wouldn't mind going back to a doctor that does house calls.  There are a few ones and I even called a local radio show while I was going to Texas Tech in Lubbock that had one one the show at the time.  I talked trash about prescription meds and saying they shouldn't be allowed to advertise on tv, etc..  He was actually a pretty smart person and I believe I was even watching the radio show live on a local station. 

Can't we just shoot them?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Can't we just shoot them?

If only there was a way to give all the starving people fat transplants from all the obese people.

I'm offensive and I find this fat

Around the Network

Absolutely not. Forcing someone into a camp is just killing freedom. It would be massive violation of the individual. People who are obese should be helped to lose weight if they want but not more.

And they should not be penalized on health care. Health system should be a right given to everyone regardless of their weight. They have to contribute like the others people at the system but not more and according to the amount of their income.

Health system is terrible in USA and make the country looks like some third world country.

Is this THX-1138?

Rather than spending money to force things into people, they should spend money on nutrition education for childrens, and young mothers and dad. Kids should already get used to eat fruits, vegtables and, most importantly get used eat balanced meals. Also sports education is important, but an healty diet is primary.Even many people who aren't fat, have some health probles caused by a bad diet.

No, just put a tax on foods that are high in sugar and fat, much as we in the west currently put higher taxes on fruits and vegetables.

sethnintendo said:

If there is a type of person I have no remorse or caring of insulting it is usually fat people. Sure there are fat people that I get to know that I don't make fun of like that (such as a coworker or boss). However, a general unknown fat person gets zero respect from me. Oh it is so hard to not be 200+ lbs overweight.... Give me a fucking break. How about you go back to the basics and eat what humans are supposed to eat. Mainly a plant based diet with some meat if so wish. Ewww!!!! fruits and veggies are gross!!!! Well, I agree with you fatty on that one if you just pick certain types. Everyone has different taste and there is a shitload of variety of fruits and veggies found on this planet. Now go eat what you are supposed to eat fatty and for the love of God get a little movement going.

Being fat is not a disability.  It might have caused to become immobile but it is not a disease.  It is being pure lazy and self indulgent.  I do not look down on any person that has a real disease, but I am sorry being fat is not a disease.  Now, you have fatties given handicap parking spots when there should be a special section way in the back for them only.  Fat people parking space.  By the way the few times I do go to stores I always park in the back (best to stay away from dumb asses).

I couldn't possibly agree more with your post. I have zero respect for these people, and their excuses for why they are fat are pathetic. Such as the people on the Biggest Loser TV show who say they got fat after their mom died and couldn't control their eating...well it would certainly hurt to lose a loved one, but is that really an excuse to gain 200 pounds and just sit on your ass eating? I think not.