By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should we force morbidly obese into fat camp?

Should there be a mandatory fat camp for morbidly obese?

Yes 55 47.41%

No 59 50.86%

Total:114

some of you people are seriously fucking retarded and i'd more happily throw you in camps than fat people. and this is coming from someone who is oft-times physically sickened by obese individuals.

and you know what marks, fuck you especially, you goat fucking bitch. i eat better, am more active, and in better health than almost all the people i know, how dare you say my thyroid condition is "just an excuse" for my carrying extra weight. i gained 90 pounds in a 5 month period because of it, there was no change in my diet, i was not just sitting around stuffing my face. how dare you imply such things. its taken a great deal of effort to work off most of that, i'll not tolerate pieces of shit like you making light of my efforts. id beat you senseless if you were talking shit like that to my face.

it does make me angry seeing disgustingly fat people stuffing their faces all day long while i have to work so hard just to even maintain the  weight that i have, but i would still rather toss disrespectful idiots like you into camps before them.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Ugh, all of these "I don't agree with something, or I don't see a purpose for it, so it should be banned by the government" disgust me.

People should be free to slowly kill themselves in any way they so desire, as long as they are not directly infringing on the rights of other people. Smoke all you want, allow smoking in any business you own if you so wish, eat anything you feel like shoving down your throat. It is no one else's business to force you to not do something.

Fat people should not be forced into fat camps. They should have to pay more for health insurance and health care though, since being fat is a choice and it impacts the health care costs overall. They should have to pay more since people who don't eat an entire cheesecake on a weekly basis shouldn't be subsidizing them. Also parents who make their children fat should be prosecuted, fined, and jailed if the child is morbidly obese and they don't turn it around.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

Mandatory?? -_-

sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Yes, but only if we also force all who are deemed abnormal to undergo normalizing treatment. If we aren't going to force the short to be surgically stretched, or the gay to go straight or the skinny to go to skinny camp then I say it's not fair and the fatties can stay fat.

Seriously though, people are fat for many reasons. They are free to eat and do as they like. If they pay into a health insurance company than they should get equal care. Like smokers and heavy drinkers the fat may have to pay more due to their lifestyle choices, but it's their right to eat, drink and smoke what they want. I don't want to live in a country that tells people they have to be "normal".

Instead we as a society should encourage healthy lifestyle through education. Schools should offer healthy but tasty meals to get kids to enjoy eating healthy. P.E. should be mandatory and well funded so kids learn to have fun outside. Health class should also be mandatory so all kids learn how the body works and why inactivity and bad diets lead to obesity and diabetes.

Just because you decided to get healthy and lose wait, (congrats, good job by the way), it doesn't mean you have the right to force anyone to live your lifestyle choices. This past year I decided to take my health seriously too. I've lost over 60 pounds by exercising and eating healthy. For me it's about health, not my appearance so I changed my lifestyle instead of going on a diet. But I would never tell a fat friend to drop the doughnut and pick up an apple. My weight loss has encouraged friends and family to get healthy and they've asked for advice so I happily gave it to them.

Educate, don't dictate.

Most of what you typed I agree with.  I was going for a controversial topic and wanted to try and support a radical idea.  One thing that all Americans can agree on is that there needs to be a drastic change in our lifestyles asap.  More and more children are obese and are now getting diseases that shouldn't show up till at least teens (diabetes, etc).  Yes, I made a lifestyle change and I do not view it as a temp diet.  Diet is your lifestyle not just some temporary thing.  Education and promotion of physical activities (sports, play outside, etc) should be top priority to make sure USA doesn't end up with a 70+% obese rate.  I really don't think fat camp should be forced but fatties just aren't giving me any hope that there will be a brighter, healthier future for Americans.  If anything most humans have devolved into lazy fat asses.

I'm glad to hear you just wanted to strike up a discussion and don't actually want government mandated diet laws. However I do think you should refrain from using the word fatty/fatties to describe the overweight. You've lost weight, that's great, but that should me you know what it feels like to be overweight. I've lost over 60 pounds and feel great, but I don't feel like that suddenly gives me the right to call others fat just because I'm not. People may have too much fat, but that doesn't mean that's all they are. People are worth more than their outer appearance. I suggest using clinical terms like "the obese" or at the very least refer to them as the overweight rather than as fatties. It's just a little insensitive. Not as bad as using the n-word or the f-word, but insensitive still. How would you have liked it if people brushed you off as a fatty instead of seeing the value of your character.

The USA may have an obesity problem, but we also have another problem. Too much fixation on outward appearance. Too many people consider all but the most beautiful to be undesirable. Movies and TV have a lot to do with this. It would be nice if people weren't so wrapped up in how they look and focused on what's inside, what really counts.

No. Terrible judgement.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:

I'm glad to hear you just wanted to strike up a discussion and don't actually want government mandated diet laws. However I do think you should refrain from using the word fatty/fatties to describe the overweight. You've lost weight, that's great, but that should me you know what it feels like to be overweight. I've lost over 60 pounds and feel great, but I don't feel like that suddenly gives me the right to call others fat just because I'm not. People may have too much fat, but that doesn't mean that's all they are. People are worth more than their outer appearance. I suggest using clinical terms like "the obese" or at the very least refer to them as the overweight rather than as fatties. It's just a little insensitive. Not as bad as using the n-word or the f-word, but insensitive still. How would you have liked it if people brushed you off as a fatty instead of seeing the value of your character.

The USA may have an obesity problem, but we also have another problem. Too much fixation on outward appearance. Too many people consider all but the most beautiful to be undesirable. Movies and TV have a lot to do with this. It would be nice if people weren't so wrapped up in how they look and focused on what's inside, what really counts.

I'll go through tomorrow and change my words to more scientific words such as obese.  I used obese a few times but I should have probably used it the entire time.  It was immature for me to not use the scientific words in the first place when dealing with a touchy matter as people's weight.  I'll respond a little more in detail but I won't be able to touch up my "insulting" words till tomorrow after work.  I'd rather the thread be more civil and after seeing Mr. Bubbles post I felt pretty bad.

sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I'll go through tomorrow and change my words to more scientific words such as obese.  I used obese a few times but I should have probably used it the entire time.  It was immature for me to not use the scientific words in the first place when dealing with a touchy matter as people's weight.  I'll respond a little more in detail but I won't be able to touch up my "insulting" words till tomorrow after work.  I'd rather the thread be more civil and after seeing Mr. Bubbles post I felt pretty bad.

You have integrity my friend. And my Respect.

just finished a ~4.8 mile run in the buff. these canadian winters can be so...invigorating...

id have no problems testing my physical prowess against any ignorant mouthpieces who want to talk crap about me.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

hell no, I've gained 25 pounds in 2 months. from 170-195. I'm trying to gain more weight,so I can file for disability and sit on my lazy ass. Love my burgers,fries and pop. screw fruit and veggies. It's my right to be lazy and a lard ass. lol