By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I finally buy a PS2?

enrageorange said:
Xxain said:
enrageorange said:
I personally wouldn't get it. Most of the games that aged well have been already been remade. You won't be missing out much unless you are into niche Japanese stuff.

This comment is absurd bruh... ignore it altogether

ok name all these great ps2 games that haven't been remade or been ported on the ps3....

No.

Around the Network

I say go for it,
Time Splitters
twisted metal black or head-on extra twisted edition
ff series
among other great games its got over 3000 titles ,

Hell bloody yeah! Unless you're one of those that throw up and get cancer if they see last-gen graphics then the PS2 is a must. Be sure to check out Valkyrie Profile 2 or I'll haunt you.

Don't forget

Diablo style rpgs:
- Baldur's gate dark alliance 1 and 2
- Champions of Norrath

Racing:
- Colin McRea rally games, when rally was still about actual rally racing
- Burnout 3 Takedown, best burnout game
- GT4

SSX series, snowboarding at it's best
Herdy Gerdy, original gameplay
We love Katamari
Jak and Dexter: precursor legacy (might be coming to HD)
Okami (best version is still on ps2)

If you want to play the old GTA games you can play them on a computer even a 5-7 year old labtop will play GTA SA.

That was fun to play even recently.

RPG's were great on the PS2 especially FFX and FFXII, far far better games then FFXIII

"-Final Fantasy X-2 (if you are not a FF fan, beware)"

lol that was a game I picked up for 10 dollars thinking it was FFX. I played FFX a bit back in 2001 at a friends house. I played FFX-2 and the starting was so upbeat compared to what I remember. I realized it was the wrong game and was pissed however it was still fun and wasted like 70 hours on it.

Yeah FFXII had pretty solid graphics, easily as good as a lower end HD consuel game. FFX was pretty solid graphics even still and makes up with great cutscenes, great story and fun battles. However, I assume people would get pissed with random battles. I played FFX in 2010 and the random battles pissed me off.

The FF games have aged well.

Around the Network

Sure go for it. Its cheap and there are many great games you can enjoy for cheap too (used at gamestop). Though some good ones have been remastered such as GoW and Ico & SotC, theres still Ratchet games and Jak. Also, there is also Kingdom Hearts. Google good ps2 games and you should get many.

Edit: Basil nailed it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Honestly, I think that every generation there is a system that everyone should own, even if they have another as well. While I was more partial to Gamecube and Xbox, PS2 is the system that I feel is the quintessential console of the last generation.

Buy one.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Keep waiting for the next price drop.

The PS2 is the best consol for You to discover new experiences... so DIG IN IT NOW!! Is cheap and mos t of the games are cheaps and you can find them easy...

I was too a late adopter of PS2 and i'm a PS3 gamer rigth Now... i still have arroind 50 more games of PS2 to play, Games that i want and MUST play...

So What genre your into?

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

I played my PS2 the most of any.

The software sales for it are crazy. Sure only a few games sold past 10 million, but there were so so many more games that got 1+ million sales.