By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Canceled TV Shows Do You Want Back On The Air...

slowmo said:
Crusade, I really wanted to see that pan out, so much promise thrown away

I agree, but I think the shows was mostly "promise". Much like the original B5, it needed some time to hit it's stride, but it wasn't given it.

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:

"20 Years from now, when there is still an endless stream of shows, ranging from terrible to great, you'll make a similar list, but you'll say how they don't make shows like Firefly, Arrested Development, Justified, Mad Men etc, anymore. But they will. There are so many shows, it's hard to latch on to the quality ones. Half of my favorite shows from the last decade I never watched a single episode of until after they were cancelled, or were in syndication, or on Netflix streaming, etc. Nowadays, top tier shows are as good as ever. And there are plenty just loaded with personality. But it's easy to miss them when there's 100 shows ranging from terrible to mediocre for every 1 or 2 good shows."

True, but a lot of the great shows today are on HBO and other channels and are not on the network channels. Back in the days the best shows were usually the main shows everyone watched.

There are great shows, Game of Thrones is like a movie split in ten parts and the AMC and HBO shows are all solid.

Oh, I agree. Not all of the great shows of this generation are accessible day 1. But a good portion of them are easy to acquire a few years later. I look at my favorite series of the past 10 years, and I'd say more than half of them are available on netflix streaming. For those with the budget for it, it's a golden age of TV, IMO.

Carnivale and Firefly

...and Samurai Pizza Cats

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

lol if they released Firefly they would allow it to continue as many shows are able to stay on with worse ratings these days. Also, there are more revenue streams for tv shows.

Jereel Hunter said:
slowmo said:
Crusade, I really wanted to see that pan out, so much promise thrown away

I agree, but I think the shows was mostly "promise". Much like the original B5, it needed some time to hit it's stride, but it wasn't given it.

Yeah but I'd even love it if they finished the story as a novel tbh.  No need for the expense of 4 seasons of TV...

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Popular

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about this. My second favourite show of all time. This show was cancelled at the worst time possible: they aired only one of the two episodes of the season/series finale. It's beyond annoying.

Teen titans!!!!!