By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The UK nearly as big as Japan? NOPE

well you certainly have changed your tune from 3 months ago, :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134293&page=

kowenicki said:
Japan's population is twice the size of the uk. People are generally talking pro-rata.

Population 100% bigger, revenue 50% bigger.

Uk market is huge for its size. Undeniable.

kowenicki said: on 17 September 2011

Saw this coming a couple of years ago...  

As far as home coinsoles are concerned the UK is now closing to be the second market.   

(Get your tin hat on Seece)

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Around the Network

Uk looks so much like US,they prefer xbox360 over ps3 while europe clearly 's the strongest ps3 territory.

Japan is twice as big as UK, just becoz the Japanese have moved to portable handhelds doesnt mean UK is much bigger. I dont get this "UK will be bigger in home consoles then Japan", who cares about home consoles? Just say gaming market, the Japanese have replaced home consoles with handhelds.

When Japan decided they like a handheld, they buy in DROVES.

Home consoles is where the comparison is valid (in terms of looking at hardware)

kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Japan is twice as big as UK, just becoz the Japanese have moved to portable handhelds doesnt mean UK is much bigger. I dont get this "UK will be bigger in home consoles then Japan", who cares about home consoles? Just say gaming market, the Japanese have replaced home consoles with handhelds.

No it's 50% bigger which if you actually read the article you'd know.  The population is twice the size.

So.

It is a fact that per capita the uk is much much bigger.

It is also a fact that taking into account prices the total Japan market is probably only 20% bigger.

It is also a fact that home consoles will be bigger.

Handhelds?. Japan is bigger, but to use your own argument against you, what about social gaming? phone gaming? PC gaming?.. We will never know the real numbers or details.

the thing you forget is that a lot of europeans import from the uk because you get a 30% discount on everything you buy there compared to our countries.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Home consoles is where the comparison is valid (in terms of looking at hawrdware)

Seece , You don't believe in this nonsense, do you ?

VXIII said:
Seece said:

Home consoles is where the comparison is valid (in terms of looking at hawrdware)

What 'nonsense'?

Seece said:
VXIII said:
Seece said:

What 'nonsense'?

We shouldn't count handhelds because they are more popular in Japan, otherwise the comparison isn't valid .. ?

VXIII said:
Seece said:
VXIII said:
Seece said:

What 'nonsense'?

We shouldn't count handhelds because they are more popular in Japan, otherwise the comparison isn't valid .. ?

Did I say we shouldn't count handhelds? I didn't say that all.

Seece said:
VXIII said:
Seece said:
VXIII said:
Seece said:

What 'nonsense'?

Did I say we shouldn't count handhelds? I didn't say that all.

Right , you didn't <_<