By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS3 a success?

Well, answer the damn question.

Yes, it is. 567 61.63%

No, it isn't. 292 31.74%

I like it when you talk rough, d21! 61 6.63%

Total:920

Financially it's not successful(neither is the Xbox 360).
Other than that yes it is successful.

With Wii its the exact opposite. I would say that financially it is successful but for consumers it has failed to live up to its potential.

Around the Network

No...

Look at the charts...

No, it isn't.

PS1 = Master System
PS2 = Mega Drive / Genesis
PS3 = Saturn
PS4 = Dreamcast

And bye

Ajescent said: "Yes it is, sure it hasn't sold Billions which others use as a marker of success but in my eyes. Based on the games and innovations it's introduced this gen, I'm gonna say yes."

We are talking about the same Sony? Innovation? Really?

Paquito said:

We are talking about the same Sony? Innovation? Really?

If you can't think of anything innovative produced by Sony then you aren't thinking very hard.

VGKing said:
Financially it's not successful(neither is the Xbox 360).
Other than that yes it is successful.

With Wii its the exact opposite. I would say that financially it is successful but for consumers it has failed to live up to its potential.

The thread isn't about the 360, stop flame baiting, especially when you have no facts to back up your statement.....

OP, financially no where near. On the other hand, the games it has please the sony fans so from a fans perspective, yes. It also helped win the war against hd dvd in the format wars. It could be translated either way depending on your opinion, from mine personally, no.

Around the Network

Of course not.

It took Sony from first place to last and has cost the company billions of dollars.

I am amazed at how anyone, no matter how much they love the console or company, can honestly say it was a success.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Of course not.

It took Sony from first place to last and has cost the company billions of dollars.

I am amazed at how anyone, no matter how much they love the console or company, can honestly say it was a success.

Usually when you love someone, you lie, to protect their feelings.... :D

Both a success and failure.

Sony in the middle (Where they at?) In the middle
Yep, Sony's in the middle (Where that at?) In the middle
Sony in the middle (Where they at?) In the middle
(Go Son, Son, what is it?) Sony in the middle

DirtyP2002 said:
Marks said:
Just in terms of sales, yes. It did remarkably well for being $600 and releasing a year after its main rival.

But for Sony, no, it was a failure. It bled money the first few years, and they lost massive market share.

That brings up the question: What kind of sales were Sony expecting?

At least 15 million for 2011 which I believed they accomplished.

DirtyP2002 said:
Marks said:
Just in terms of sales, yes. It did remarkably well for being $600 and releasing a year after its main rival.

But for Sony, no, it was a failure. It bled money the first few years, and they lost massive market share.

That brings up the question: What kind of sales were Sony expecting?

i would say when they were first envisioning the PS3 something similar or more than the PS2, as they were getting closer and closer to the PS3 launch, probable a little over half that.