By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS3 a success?

Well, answer the damn question.

Yes, it is. 567 61.63%

No, it isn't. 292 31.74%

I like it when you talk rough, d21! 61 6.63%

Total:920

If you don't think about it, yes it is.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Critically? Yes, it has good games (some) and it introduced a 'affordable' BD drive.

Financially and marketshare wise? Bloody disaster.

I've never seen as many highly rated exclusives on the 360. You may not have like most of their games,  but objectively speaking they definitely had more than some. Thats Sony's strong point where they stand out from Nintendo and Microsoft, strong new IPs.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Millenium said:
Critically? Yes, it has good games (some) and it introduced a 'affordable' BD drive.

I've never seen as many highly rated exclusives on the 360. You may not have like most of their games,  but objectively speaking they definitely had more than some. Thats Sony's strong point where they stand out from Nintendo and Microsoft, strong new IPs.

We really gonna rinse and repeat again? I said yes, is that not good enough for you? Must everyone be so amazed by your favourite company or something?

Strong news IP's? Uncharted is about the only new strong IP started this gen that are actually "strong" in comparison to the competition.

So no, that's not where they stand out.

Millenium said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Millenium said:

We really gonna rinse and repeat again? I said yes, is that not good enough for you? Must everyone be so amazed by your favourite company or something?

Strong news IP's? Uncharted is about the only new strong IP started this gen that are actually "strong" in comparison to the competition.

So no, that's not where they stand out.

He was talking about the new IPs objectively in terms of professional critic's scores, not in terms of your individual opinion about which is strong or not. 

As I'm sure everyone else has said... financially... no way in the WORLD!

Game wise? Quite possibly.

Compare to Sony's previous generation? Nope.