By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo "Developed" game do you want to see with the Wii U launch?

Which franchise?

Mario 142 30.47%

Kirby 4 0.86%

Donkey Kong 34 7.30%

Racing (F-Zero or something) 57 12.23%

Wii Sports type of game 19 4.08%

Other (Metroid, Icarus, etc) 141 30.26%

Do what they did with the 3DS 8 1.72%

See resultz 61 13.09%

Total:466
UncleScrooge said:
NintendoPie said:
UncleScrooge said:
NintendoPie said:
UncleScrooge said:

My launch wish list is perfectly in line with what we'll (most likely) get:

Super Mario Bros. Mii
The inevitable "Wii U..." game that will come bundled with the console and include the stuff they showed off at e3
Some game that comes bundled with the second tablet controller (Mario Paint! That would be awesome!)

And then one game for the core gamers which I'd like to be a new game made by Retro, F-Zero or Starfox.

Do you know if Starfox games will even be made anymore? They said that Starfox 64 3D was the last chance to revive the game line and if it didn't sell well then they would stop making Starfox games. I wonder if it sold well enough for them...

No idea what their official stance is, honestly. Starfox probably is a franchise that doesn't generate enough profit to justify its development costs when compared to other franchises. They'd most likely outsource it, just like F-Zero. It's pretty sad, though. Starfox surely was a popular series back when it had quality releases so it's not like a proper Starfox game would struggle to reach, say, 3 million units.

What's strange is they are making a new Pikmin which is less popular than Starfox and probably not much cheaper to make. But that's due to Miyamoto not being able to keep his mouth shut at e3 I guess. So yeah, we'll most likely see neither of them for launch. I would really like to see Nintendo outsourcing games like Starfox, F-Zero or Chibi Robo to 3rd parties more regularly. They may not sell enough to warrant in-house development (talking development resources vs sales here) but they surely fill holes in their line up. 

Now that you mentioned it I really wonder what big "hardcore" game we'll see for Wii u launch. It won't be 3D Mario, Zelda needs at least two more years and Pikmin should be made by the Mario Bros. Mii team so that should take one more year as well. Smash Bros. development hasn't even started yet. And Mario Kart can't be far into development considering they just finished Mario Kart 7. 

Pikmin was announced quite awhile ago. It was being made for the Wii but I seriously doubt they scrapped everyhting they were doing just because its going on the Wii U. It might be in the Wii U's launch window since it has been in development for awhile. Plus Pikmin is something Miyamoto just wanted to do and since he was the creator of it it happened, same with Luigi's Mansion 2. New Super Mario Bros. Mii might be a launch title since they obviously have been working on it for awhile too. It was also playable at E3 so I would expect to might see it bundled/on the shelf when the Wii U comes out. Mario Kart Wii U will probably come out Fall/Winter of 2013.

Pikmin and Mario Bros. are made by the same team though. So I would expect Iwata at one day entered the room screaming "the 3DS isn't selling because it's got no games! Quick make a Mario title for the Wii u launch" and now they will finish Pikmin after Mario Bros. Mid 2013 seems possible for Pikmin (you are right it's far into development probably) but they need Mario for launch to justify the higher price point of the Wii u. I also agree about Mario Kart. In my mind these release dates make sense considering development time:

2012 - Super Mario Bros. Mii 

2013 - Pikmin, Mario Kart U

2014 - 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing

2015 - Zelda

This is just of the top of my head of course. Feel free to add more games haha And of course we'll see new versions of Wii Sports and Wii Fit (they've been strongly hinted at in an Iwata asks interview) and probably Wii Party, too. 2012 or 2013 should see another high profile game made by Retro (hopefully for launch but who knows)

Very good dates! They make a ton of sense. I think Pikmin 3 could come out in early 2013 to mid 2013. SMBM will most likely be a launch title. The only thing I would switch around though is Zelda and Smash Bros. Sakurai said it would take quite awhile to mke that game and they already have a working model of Zelda HD.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
UncleScrooge said:

Pikmin and Mario Bros. are made by the same team though. So I would expect Iwata at one day entered the room screaming "the 3DS isn't selling because it's got no games! Quick make a Mario title for the Wii u launch" and now they will finish Pikmin after Mario Bros. Mid 2013 seems possible for Pikmin (you are right it's far into development probably) but they need Mario for launch to justify the higher price point of the Wii u. I also agree about Mario Kart. In my mind these release dates make sense considering development time:

2012 - Super Mario Bros. Mii 

2013 - Pikmin, Mario Kart U

2014 - 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing

2015 - Zelda

This is just of the top of my head of course. Feel free to add more games haha And of course we'll see new versions of Wii Sports and Wii Fit (they've been strongly hinted at in an Iwata asks interview) and probably Wii Party, too. 2012 or 2013 should see another high profile game made by Retro (hopefully for launch but who knows)

Very good dates! They make a ton of sense. I think Pikmin 3 could come out in early 2013 to mid 2013. SMBM will most likely be a launch title. The only thing I would switch around though is Zelda and Smash Bros. Sakurai said it would take quite awhile to mke that game and they already have a working model of Zelda HD.

I do not see why Pikmin 3 would not come out in 2012? Christmas in fact. They have been working on it forever! If Zelda does not sell around 5 million copies Me thinks there could even be a WiiU port! Just what I think though.

If they truly do bring out NSMBM at launch then I doubt Nintendo will want to take attention away from Pikmin again like they did with it launching on the NGC. It may but I think they will what just awhile longer.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

If they truly do bring out NSMBM at launch then I doubt Nintendo will want to take attention away from Pikmin again like they did with it launching on the NGC. It may but I think they will what just awhile longer.

Well we have heard more about Pikmin 3 over the years than we have of a Mario Wii U game. So maybe there will be no mario again. If there is a Mario then I agree, if not then bring on the Pikmin...again.

As a person who loves Pikmin I do want to see it this year, but, as a person who wants to see Nintendo to succed with the Wii U I want it to be Mario. I'm not saying that Pikmin wouldn't push some consoles but Mario, as we all know, would push way, way more.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

As a person who loves Pikmin I do want to see it this year, but, as a person who wants to see Nintendo to succed with the Wii U I want it to be Mario. I'm not saying that Pikmin wouldn't push some consoles but Mario, as we all know, would push way, way more.

I actually got to play Mario 3DS the other day for a bit. I was not too excited about it from the trailers and stuff. But when I played it, I could not believe how much fun it was! Mario just always makes it happen!

True, true. It is my most played 3DS game with MK7 right after it. The level desine is very neat. 

I'm not too sure NSMBMii will be a launch title... Ninntendo might wanna hold it back a while, releasing it on a later date to boost sales, no? Pikmin this X-mas, and then launching MNSBMii when the Xbox720/PS4 comes out just to steal their thunder - wouldn't that make sense?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Metroid or F-Zero to showcase the graphics of the system.

I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me. What Video Game Character Are You?
NinjaV said:

Metroid will mot likely come in 2013, and why does everyone keep saying F-Zero?! What is that game? XD

NintendoPie said:
NinjaV said:

Metroid will mot likely come in 2013, and why does everyone keep saying F-Zero?! What is that game? XD

YOU DON'T KNOW???   Damn...

Here goes: It's the greatest racing game of all time! (except Mario Kart) Especially F-Zero GX for Gamecube, but with some serious practice F-Zero X for Nintendo 64 can be great as well.

I suppose same would go for the SNES version, but I suck at it too badly to fully enjoy it xD

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
NinjaV said:

Here goes: It's the greatest racing game of all time! (except Mario Kart) Especially F-Zero GX for Gamecube, but with some serious practice F-Zero X for Nintendo 64 can be great as well.

I suppose same would go for the SNES version, but I suck at it too badly to fully enjoy it xD

Do you have trailers or pictures?

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
NinjaV said:

Do you have trailers or pictures?