By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese Stores Cut PSVita Price By 20 Percent

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:

people just dont want to pay monthly fees to game

Hey, just ask your average PS3 gamer for proof :P

But on Xbox 360 they do? Or are you stating that 360 gamers are being ripped off?

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
sales2099 said:

people just dont want to pay monthly fees to game

Hey, just ask your average PS3 gamer for proof :P

But on Xbox 360 they do? Or are you stating that 360 gamers are being ripped off?

But offcourse on 360 they do. Stems from the belief that they are gamers willing to pay for the best. Sony gamers on the other hand are content with sacrificing quality for free of charge play. But this debate isnt meant for here, merely how I feel about the main difference between both gamers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Fo a Sony fan, Im scratching my head that how can Sony let Nintendo release Monster Hunter, the sole reason PSP even exist in Japan, on the same week of Vita launch. 3DS is not as good as Vita from hardware point of view, but by robbing Sony of its Monster Hunter, add in its own Mario, Sony dont stand a chance.

tingyu said:
Fo a Sony fan, Im scratching my head that how can Sony let Nintendo release Monster Hunter, the sole reason PSP even exist in Japan, on the same week of Vita launch. 3DS is not as good as Vita from hardware point of view, but by robbing Sony of its Monster Hunter, add in its own Mario, Sony dont stand a chance.

What exactly could Sony do about that? Ask Capcom to delay their game to a more convenient time?

Love and tolerate.

I think Capcom has switched up from time to time who gets that game. This time it was Nintendo because the development started for the 3DS when it did.

Sometimes being a year later has an impact on what developers can do for you and when.

Around the Network

Well this is a bit misleading.

Glad so many 360 fans have found an interest in Vita though.

I really don't know mych about the 3G specifics for Vita.

Is there a specific reason to get the 3G model? Did sony give users a good incentive to do this? Can it make phone calls? Browse the interwebs?

Is there a reason why dedicated 3G will be better than just using my smartphone as a WiFi hotspot to tether to the PS Vita when I'm playing an online game?

disolitude said:

Is there a specific reason to get the 3G model? Did sony give users a good incentive to do this? Can it make phone calls? Browse the interwebs?

Is there a reason why dedicated 3G will be better than just using my smartphone as a WiFi hotspot to tether to the PS Vita when I'm playing an online game?

This is what I kept wondering. You can't make calls, but you can browse the internet. 

I guess if you don't have a smartphone it could be an alternative for the extra features... but that's pretty weak. I really can't see a big reason for why this version exists - maybe it will allow them to add more content in the feature, but for an extra $50 I think Sony saw a chance to cut back on hardware losses.

Aj_habfan said:
disolitude said:

This is what I kept wondering. You can't make calls, but you can browse the internet. 

I guess if you don't have a smartphone it could be an alternative for the extra features... but that's pretty weak. I really can't see a big reason for why this version exists - maybe it will allow them to add more content in the feature, but for an extra $50 I think Sony saw a chance to cut back on hardware losses.

Gotcha. Yeah it just seems puzzling as to why this needs 3G to be honest.

Does it work on a sim card like a smart phone? If so, maybe people could pop their smartphone sim card out and use it with PSV to play some games when they are in non WiFi spots. I can't see many people getting dedicatd 3G data for this when Tablets, smartphones and even some data sticks can share data on most carrier.

I thought sony was suppose to pay us to use the 3g version because not only does it have no incentive, but actually a disincentive for an extra monthly fee. J/k
It's just too expensive, $100 more + monthly fee? Too much