By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best 3rd-party game on a Nintendo console...

StarcraftManiac said:

So, what do YOU think is the best 3rd-party game on a Nintendo console...

... Ever.

Mine would be: Eternal Darkness...

I just got the game a few weeks ago and i'm loving it!

Noteable mentions: Timesplitters 2&Future Perfect, Viewtiful Joe, Turok 2, Resident evil 1&4.

Dude, you never even played that game . You just put it here cause I told you it was good you poser

To go on-topic, well of course Resident Evil is the best (1, especially 4, UC) and Timesplitters: FP is also great. Other than that, probably the Super Smash Bros. series (which is from HAL right?) and I am expecting great things from Zack & Wiki, which has not yet been released here.

EDIT: Nevermind SSB, that's second/first party.

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

no doubt, RE4:wii edition

StarcraftManiac said:

So, what do YOU think is the best 3rd-party game on a Nintendo console...

... Ever.

Mine would be: Eternal Darkness...

I just got the game a few weeks ago and i'm loving it!

Noteable mentions: Timesplitters 2&Future Perfect, Viewtiful Joe, Turok 2, Resident evil 1&4.

No kidding man! I love that game! And I just got it like right after Christmas!

But, there is a catch to what you said. Eternal Darkness is not a 3rd-party game for GameCube.

It is in fact, a 2nd-party game! It was released at the time Nintendo owned Silicon Knights!

RE:4
Super Tecmo Bowl
Secret of Mana
Tales of SYmphonia

probally golden eye 007 and RE4 wii edition

Around the Network

goldeneye, FFIV, FFVI, chrono trigger.

goldeneye and maybe re4 are the only 3rd party games on nintendo systems that can match the brilliance of the square 16-bit era

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Pretty much anything Capcom makes.

Personaly the megaman games along with the Street Fighter games are my favorites.

Soriku said:
kirby007 said:
smash bros

I hope this is sarcasm. It's a first party game.

OT:

Baten Kaitos Origins
Tales of Symphonia
FFCC

read more post less ok? i wasn't anwsering topic question

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

There is a lot:
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Viewtiful Joe
5. Resident Evil (GC)
For second-party games/games developed by another company, but published by Nintendo, there are classics like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong Country Series, both Banjo-Kazooie Games, Eternal Darkness, and Super Mario RPG.
Honorable Mentions include: Street Fighter 2, Megaman 2, Megaman X, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy IV.

Chrono Trigger