By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should guns be outlawed in America?

Jexy said:
chris.m95 said:
Jexy said:

Ok buddy.  Go hug all the deer and be friends.  Let me know how that turns out.

Hey, im no idiot or tree hugging hippy. I much prefer humans to animals but we have to remember that we too are animals. Segregation from animals, violence towards them all of this leads to war in us humans and one day these animals are likely to evolve an instinct, a hatred towads us. Whats so bad with living with animals anyway? if there is a system to allow for it whats the problem?

WTF are you talking about?

You sound exactly like a tree hugging hippie. 

And there is a system in place.  It's called hunting.  If it wasn't for it, most of the food (non meat) you eat wouldn't be possible, at least not at those affordable prices.

WTF are you talking about? Would you kill your next door neighbour because they kept coming in your back garden and then say it was for food and land especially at these "affordable prices"?

Im not an american either im from the UK where we dont hunt our food for land we have a system of farming an argriculture whereby the food we eat has the countryside and we get the cities, if a stray deer wonders into a city we dont kill it we return it to the wild.

Youve pissed me off. Just caus an animal wonders into your town or maybe is just roaming where it lives you kill it? You sound like the nazis when they said the jews were infesting the cities and so they must be killed. 

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
Jexy said:

And there is a system in place.  It's called hunting.  If it wasn't for it, most of the food (non meat) you eat wouldn't be possible, at least not at those affordable prices.

WTF are you talking about? Would you kill your next door neighbour because they kept coming in your back garden and then say it was for food and land especially at these "affordable prices"?

Im not an american either im from the UK where we dont hunt our food for land we have a system of farming an argriculture whereby the food we eat has the countryside and we get the cities, if a stray deer wonders into a city we dont kill it we return it to the wild.

Youve pissed me off. Just caus an animal wonders into your town or maybe is just roaming where it lives you kill it? You sound like the nazis when they said the jews were infesting the cities and so they must be killed. 

My next door neighbor is human.  That would be murder.  You a fool?

You're from the UK... perfect.  You import most of your goods.  So of course you wouldn't understand.  You think the UK can support all the food that you eat over there?  That's why you get a lot of it from countries that have it, like the USA.  That's why your prices are higher for many things.  Because you have to pay for that importing cost.  You have NO clue how hunting works over here, and your comments on that are apparent.  When you don't keep the population of certain animals in check, they destroy the wildlife, and can kill other animals, plants, and farms in the process.  They can decimate the landscape.  You know that that means?  It means no food.  For anyone.  That's when you can sometimes see wild animals roaming the suburbs for food.  We do return them to the wild in most cases.  No one said we kill it.  YOU did. 

And now you're bringing Nazi's into this?  Get over yourself already.  You're an insult to.... everything.

Sounds like I pissed off someone who is quite ignorant.  My apoligies.  I should use smaller words next time.  What's the difference though?  You'd just put words in my mouth like you just did here.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Andrespetmonkey said:

Oh alright :P Sorry I tend to skim through longer posts, must of missed that.

I was guessing people would of just assumed that I wasn't saying that system would work in the US because of my previous posts.

No problem :)

Well, I would hope people would assume that, but previous cases prove otherwise.  People just look at something, say it works there, so it must work everywhere, disregarding all the factors involved.  Just making sure this topic didn't turn into one of those... again :p

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
Its not about home defense or hunting. Its about making sure the people can always "take care" of the government if they overstep their bounds, which America has apparently forgotten.

That sounds ridiculous and totally not feasible in this day and age.

I doubt a group of rednecks could topple the American government.

I doubt a group of 3rd world muslims could topple the American millitary. Oh wait.

I would hardly say they toppled the American military. It's barely even a war, soldiers are meant to fight, not play hide and seek.

They didn't just topple the American military, they destabilized the entire world economy.

Forget problems with housing collapse, etc, the terrorists made American waste trillions in defense spending across all walks of life, made government pass legislation to invade our privacy and homes, and destroyed the American air travel market.

Jexy said:
chris.m95 said:
Jexy said:

You're from the UK... perfect.  You import most of your goods.  So of course you wouldn't understand.  You think the UK can support all the food that you eat over there?  That's why you get a lot of it from countries that have it, like the USA.  That;s why your prices are higher for many things.  Because you have to pay for that importing cost.  You have NO clue how hunting works over here, and your comments on that are apparent.  When you don't keep the population of certain animals in check, they destroy the wildlife, and can kill other animals, plants, and farms in the process.  They can decimate the landscape.  You know that that means?  It means no food.  For anyone.  That's when you can sometimes see wild animals roaming the suburbs for food.  We do return them to the wild in most cases.  No one said we kill it.  YOU did. 

And now you're bringing Nazi's into this?  Get over yourself already.  You're an insult to.... everything.

Sounds like I pissed off someone who is quite ignorant.  My apoligies.  I should use smaller words next time.  What's the difference though?  You'd just put words in my mouth like you just did here.

1st point: So an animal isnt as important as a human and killing an animal isnt murder, am i getting this right?

2nd point: The UK does import many goods as you suggested but to kill animals to stop what you call an infestation? By doing that arent you playing god? My opinion is that there is no "infestation" just an eco system that you seem to be trying to claim for yourselves which in my opinion is selfish.

3rd point: Animals "decimate the landscape" you know if you want to protect crops you can put up fences maybe those with a small eletric current to stop them getting in? In that sense you arguement for what i believe is poinless killing is flawed as you can protect land with fences.

4th point: I apologiese for bringing the nazis into this i went too far but too me it seems that way, killing for the point of killing

5th point: No youve pissed off someone who deosnt find it easy to justify killing the way you do. 

There you go. no putting words in your mouth, actual quotesfrom your arguements, an apology, my points of view nothing more.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

Go ahead and get rid of our guns.....

you're playing right into the zombies hands.

ASStronaut said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
brendude13 said:
leatherhat said:
Its not about home defense or hunting. Its about making sure the people can always "take care" of the government if they overstep their bounds, which America has apparently forgotten.

That sounds ridiculous and totally not feasible in this day and age.

I doubt a group of rednecks could topple the American government.

I doubt a group of 3rd world muslims could topple the American millitary. Oh wait.

I would hardly say they toppled the American military. It's barely even a war, soldiers are meant to fight, not play hide and seek.

Soldiers are expected to win, which they did. 

Win what?

The removal of American forces out of their land

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Jexy said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I'd say keep guns for the police and soldiers. the days of hunting in the wilds like in the 1800s is over in my opinion.

They should make bullets expansive instead. Like $600 per round. If someone got shot, you know they must have done something to worth a $600 bullet. I wont be surprised if the shooter went back for the bullet.

Spoken like a person who has no clue about the wildlife population that would go out of control if it weren't for hunting season, and spoken like a person who has never hunted for food, which many Americans do.

I am going to just step in briefly for this conversation considering I graduated with a wildlife and fisheries management degree.  Do you have any idea how wrong your statement is when you actually take a step back and look at it?  Do you understand why deer populations go out of control?  The reason why is because there was a mass slaughter of wolves or any other predator that humans were scared of in the USA.  If you take out the predators then of course you will have their prey population explode until they use up the resources and die off to sustainable levels.  You act like the only way to control wildlife population is through hunting....  While this can be a decent way for wildlife agency to make money, hunting is by no means a good way of population control.  Just come down to Texas and try and get the feral hog population in control with human methods (guns, traps, poison, etc..).  You know what?  You can't because they have been trying for a very long time with no success.  You act like a person who has no clue about the food chain which is elementary science.  I am 99.9% sure that wildlife populations didn't evolve depending on humans to keep their populations in check. 

chris.m95 said:
Jexy said:

You're from the UK... perfect.  You import most of your goods.  So of course you wouldn't understand.  You think the UK can support all the food that you eat over there?  That's why you get a lot of it from countries that have it, like the USA.  That;s why your prices are higher for many things.  Because you have to pay for that importing cost.  You have NO clue how hunting works over here, and your comments on that are apparent.  When you don't keep the population of certain animals in check, they destroy the wildlife, and can kill other animals, plants, and farms in the process.  They can decimate the landscape.  You know that that means?  It means no food.  For anyone.  That's when you can sometimes see wild animals roaming the suburbs for food.  We do return them to the wild in most cases.  No one said we kill it.  YOU did. 

1st point: So an animal isnt as important as a human and killing an animal isnt murder, am i getting this right?

2nd point: The UK does import many goods as you suggested but to kill animals to stop what you call an infestation? By doing that arent you playing god? My opinion is that there is no "infestation" just an eco system that you seem to be trying to claim for yourselves which in my opinion is selfish.

3rd point: Animals "decimate the landscape" you know if you want to protect crops you can put up fences maybe those with a small eletric current to stop them getting in? In that sense you arguement for what i believe is poinless killing is flawed as you can protect land with fences.

4th point: I apologiese for bringing the nazis into this i went too far but too me it seems that way, killing for the point of killing

5th point: No youve pissed off someone who deosnt find it easy to justify killing the way you do. 

There you go. no putting words in your mouth, actual quotesfrom your arguements, an apology, my points of view nothing more.

You're right.  Killing an animal for food is not murder.  Murder is, by definition: a crime of killing somebody: the crime of killing another person deliberately and not in self-defense or with any other extenuating circumstance recognized by law, or Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human being.

Notice how those definitions say human being, and person.  Not animals.  I live in the real world.  In the real world, humans are at the top of the food chain.  If that makes us playing God, then so be it.  Maybe God shouldn't have given us this incredible advantage over other species then?  Go talk to him about that.  Even if you're a vegan, all the products you eat were made possible by killing thousands and millions of smaller creatures, you know the kind that get crushed by the farming equipment as it goes through the fields? 

And while we are on it.  Go sue the lions and cheetas who brutally run down their prey, stab it multiple times, and rip its throat out as it wiggles and dies slowly... you know, much worse than an instant kill shot through the heart.  That's murder by your definition right?  And they don't need to eat just like we don't need to eat right? 

So you would have most of the world go hungry then?  You want most of the billions of people on this planet to die?  Some humanitarian you are.  Join PETA dude.  They seem right up your alley.  The only reason you eat what you do is because of the practices that humans do in regards to farm land and hunting.

Fences?  They already do that.  Doesn't stop much, not to mention, if they can't afford fences to stop illegal immigrants, what makes you think they could do it to guard all the land we use for farming?  But forget about being practical that way.  Small electrical current?  You want to pay for that?  You want to install that?  And small current?  Small like those invisible fences for dogs?  That I've seen dogs run right through when a cat runs across the street?  Or enough to kill the animal dead and stop it's heart.  Otherwise, fences aren't stopping anything, definitely not anything hungry, nevermind the smaller animals who will just dig underneath it.

You justify killing by eating the food you do, you just don't know it.  It's called being at the top of the food chain.  Welcome to humanity.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Don't think it wouldn't solve much, the ones that use them irresponsibly would just move onto Knives ect