By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anyone playing Terraria?

So I'm not much of a PC gamer, but for whatever reason yesterday I decided to sign on Steam for the first time in a couple of years, and after browsing for a bit came accross Terraria. I had not heard of the game before but it sounded interesting and was on sale so I went ahead and downloaded it. I've played for a few hours now, and despite still having no idea what I'm doing, I think I'm hooked.

So I'm wondering if anyone else on VGC is playing this game? What are your thoughts? I haven't tried finiding anyone else to play with online yet, do other people play online?

Around the Network

never heard of it.

I play it locally with friends. It's very addictive, and more depth is being added with each update. I actually prefer it over Minecraft.

I also prefer it over minecraft. I play it with my brother locally. I also just downloaded it a few days ago on Steam's sale. =) My brother has been trying to get me to play it forever, but I finally just got it. LOVE it!

Hosting multiplayer matches is really hard, though. You have to go into your router...change things..set up all this crazy stuff, and then make a world for everyone to join. But we got it working.

I hope you have a blast playing it! Maybe we could all trek together sometime.

wfz said:

Hosting multiplayer matches is really hard, though. You have to go into your router...change things..set up all this crazy stuff, and then make a world for everyone to join. But we got it working.

Or if your router supports UPnP, you can use a third party VPN method, such a LogMeIn Hamachi. I found it a lot less troubling than using manual port forwarding on the router.

Around the Network

I own it... haven't played it in a while though cause I was co-oping with a friend and have WAY to many games to play.

While he had like an apartment complex going

I had a cool Sky Mansion going with Hot tub. (Water filled container with torches underneath it and wood steps leading up to it.)

It's in Carl's 'Top 50 Games of All Time' list... so I guess he like's it.

When I have time I'll probably give this a purchase.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."