By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will be the most powerful next gen?

Which next gen console will be the most powerful?

Next Box 156 31.77%

Wii U 75 15.27%

PS4 260 52.95%

Total:491
miz1q2w3e said:
I think it'll be PS4, Sony don't seem to have learned their lesson with PSV launch

Trust me, they learned their lesson to some extent, if they didn't the PSV would have been $400.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:

I'm a little surprised that the WiiU doesn't use state of the art DirectX 11, but instead uses the older 10.1. I hope this doesn't mean Microsoft is saving DirectX 11 for the Next Box.  While great, I don't want to  be limited to DX 11 or DX 11.1 as we will be locked into already several year old tech for another bunch of years. (Please innovate with DirectX 12 or more!)

Can I ask where you got that information from? K'thnx.

Also, DX11 has been out for a while now but devs  just recently started  using it in PC games. Most games are still using DX 9 and 10. Devs don't make a mass jump on to a new API as soon as it is released, the transition  takes a couple of years.

Even Epic gave us Samaritan as what they expect from next gen consoles and that's a DX11 demo.

PS4 since it will release in 2016 and the others will release in 2012/13

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

yo_john117 said:

Just a simple question. Say which console you think will be the most powerful next gen and why.

I personally think the PS4 will be the most powerful because Sony will want to keep that image of having the most powerful console like they do with the PS3. 

Really Lame and bad reason, IMO.

PS1 and PS2 were Sony's most successful consoles despite not being the most powerful of their gen, PS3 was their least successful and the most powerful of this gen.

And yet, you think they should look to their PS3 strategy next gen to 'keep up an image' and not what they did back then with PS1 and PS2.

Anyways, MS is in a better financially position to make the most powerful console than Sony is.

WiiU!
Because it will be the only next gen console in the current gen (still called the next gen), while PS4/720 will be the ones after the next gen, since the current gen is next gen of consoles. lol

It's the same as the Wii being the most powerful console of last gen consoles.
Uh, i just noticed that with PS2/XB/Gamecube/2-Gamecubes-ducktabed-Wii being last gen and PS3/360 being next gen, we've lost one generation of consoles!!! Give it back!!

Around the Network
ninty_shareholder64 said:
WiiU!
Because it will be the only next gen console in the current gen (still called the next gen), while PS4/720 will be the ones after the next gen, since the current gen is next gen of consoles. lol

It's the same as the Wii being the most powerful console of last gen consoles.
Uh, i just noticed that with PS2/XB/Gamecube/2-Gamecubes-ducktabed-Wii being last gen and PS3/360 being next gen, we've lost one generation of consoles!!! Give it back!!

Yeah, I always found it very strange how so many Sony fans always seem to refer to the PS3 as a "next generation console" even though the PS3 was released in 2006. Do Xbox 360 fans do the same?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

How one can guess what console is going to be more powerful when two of the three companies haven't even announced their consoles is beyond me ;_;, also what if a fourth company rushes in and releases hardware that is drastically better than the three we have now? Useless guessing now without much info :p

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

brendude13 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
I think it'll be PS4, Sony don't seem to have learned their lesson with PSV launch

Trust me, they learned their lesson to some extent, if they didn't the PSV would have been $400.

Well it almost is at that price, if you factor in a decent sized PSV memory card

The deferentiation thing also seems like a good explanation, I mean if PSV released with the same exact specs as 3DS, who would even want it except for dedicated Sony first party fans

Either the PS4 or the 720.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

disolitude said:
Whoever is last in releasing their console or whoever is willing to lose the most money on hardware.

My guess is that Sony will most likely come out and say that they have most gigaflops or something...and there will be lots of pointless screenshot comparisons and arguing on sites like this.

Haha, most likely. :)