By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anonymous targets Sony over SOPA

Gamezone

It looks like Anonymous is targeting Sony again!  This time the reasons behind their potential upcoming attack on Sony is over Sony's support of SOPA, or the Stop Online Pirating Act.

In the video, which was released yesterday, Anonymous vows to "destroy" Sony's network and "dismantle your phantom from the internet."

Obviously, Anonymous are anti-SOPA so Sony's decision to support the bill strikes a nerve with them.  For those who haven't kept up, SOPA is an act that would expand the ability of U.S. law enforcement and copyright holders to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods.  However, due to loose terminology in the original bill, it has been the subject of hot debate lately.

Here's a transcript from the video:

Hello, SONY.

We are Anonymous.

It has come to the attention of the Anonymous activist community that you have chosen to stand by the Stop Online Piracy Act. This act will halt online businesses and restrict access to many sites for many users. Supporting SOPA is like trying to throw an entire company from off a bridge. Your support to the act is a signed death warrant to SONY Company and Associates. Therefore, yet again, we have decided to destroy your network. We will dismantle your phantom from the internet. Prepare to be extinguished. Justice will be swift, and it will be for the people, whether some like it or not. Sony, you have been warned.

To those doubting our powers. We've infiltrated the servers of Bank of America, The United States Department of Defense, The United Nations, and Lockheed Martin. In one day.

For their approval to SOPA, we have also declared that our fury be brought upon the following persons. Justin Bieber. Lady Gaga. Kim Kardashian. and Taylor Swift.

Operation Blackout, engaged.

Operation Mayhem, engaged.

Operation LulzXmas, engaged.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Supporters of SOPA, you should've expected us.

You've got to imagine Sony's defenses are better this time around, after facing a series of hacks earlier this year.  Anonymous didn't give an estimated time or warning date for when the attack would commence.  Also, if you are Justine Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Kim Kardashian...I'd be careful.  As for Taylor Swift, I personally feel she's too innocent to actually be a threat to Anonymous.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/anonymous-targets-sony-over-sopa

Around the Network

Glad I'm not with Sony. I can't handle all the hacks.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

LOL sweet, more outages and free deals for me. =O

take down the regulations

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

We are criminals

Seriously hacking Bank of America, The United States Department of Defense, The United Nations, and Lockheed Martin(don't know this group).

They do not hack for freedom they are just freaking fan-boys. I will not believe that this group did not have the knowledge of the fact that Nintendo and Microsoft also joined and gave they support over the SOPA.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

With so many other companies supporting this bill...why Sony?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SOPA is bad, but I doubt that they're able to take down Sony's network again- they have greatly upped security since last time.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

SnakeDrake said:
We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

We are criminals

Seriously hacking Bank of America, The United States Department of Defense, The United Nations, and Lockheed Martin(don't know this group).

They do not hack for freedom they are just freaking fan-boys. I will not believe that this group did not have the knowledge of the fact that Nintendo and Microsoft also joined and gave they support over the SOPA.

Yes, but Sony are de EVILZ

Areym said:
With so many other companies supporting this bill...why Sony?

Hahah I know, sucks for them... but maybe they are easy to hack so why not?

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

BasilZero said:
SnakeDrake said:
We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

We are criminals

^ This is true!

Well! That's it! This gen now represents the last time I buy consoles from console makers.