By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/19 ~ 12/25

DarkDesent666 said:
Exia said:
I'm talking about the psvita issues, not 3Ds. You are trying to make this into 3ds vs psvita thing.

3.Didn't you just prove my point because the 3ds launch price was high thats why they need to discount it in order to succeed? And "what is a good deal" Is subjective, the price point and sales proved it wasn't working until nintendo drop the price.
4. ?? All these are "portable devices" that can substitute portable gaming devices. 
5.  And thats why its an issue?  It needs the casual market.  I don't see why having a console that craters to everyone is bad market decision, look how well xbox is doing with kinect. 

1. All things are relative

3. Not quite subjective when the thing is selling near or less then cost. Also way too soon to call it.

4. None of them can, phone games are flash games at best. 

5. Nothing caters too everyone, and massive amounts of advertising is the only reason kinect got anywhere. 

3.  A good deal is what consumer perceive the product to be, not because a product sell at a lost than its a good deal.  Example: Blackberry playbook selling $200 for 16gb, RIM is selling at a lost but people still don't buy it.
I'm talking about the PSVITA's issue that they have NOW.  I'm not talking about the future or the past, just now. Of course its gonna drop in price and boom sales will increase.

4.  If you fail to see these goods are "Substitute goods"  competiting for the same disposible income I can't really say anything more.  They are not competiting against the game quality, these products are competing for a slice of the consumer's budget.

5. Its the psvita issue, they need to crater to more people thats all i'm saying how they do it is their problem.  Where did you pull the kinect adverstising thing from?  I'm just looking at the sale, xbox did really well this year without much exclusives and a lot of kinect sales.

I'm done with this thread.

Around the Network
Exia said:
3.  A good deal is what consumer perceive the product to be, not because a product sell at a lost than its a good deal.  Example: Blackberry playbook selling $200 for 16gb, RIM is selling at a lost but people still don't buy it.

I'm talking about the PSVITA's issue that they have NOW.  I'm not talking about the future or the past, just now. Of course its gonna drop in price and boom sales will increase.

4.  If you fail to see these goods are "Substitute goods"  competiting for the same disposible income I can't really say anything more.  They are not competiting against the game quality, these products are competing for a slice of the consumer's budget.

5. Its the psvita issue, they need to crater to more people thats all i'm saying how they do it is their problem.  Where did you pull the kinect adverstising thing from?  I'm just looking at the sale, xbox did really well this year without much exclusives and a lot of kinect sales.

I'm done with this thread.

3. Not true, just because someone thinks something is a good deal doesn't mean it is, the word scam wouldn't exist if it was. The reverse also works just because someone doesn't see the value doesn't mean it isn't a good deal for the money. Frankly I think psp and 3DS are doing far more to hurt it then the price (but of course lower price always increases sales, people are greedy)

4. The psp is taking more the Vita's demographic then phones are. Vita's selling point is the games so if they want to compete with the vita they have to compete with the games. 

5. Advertising is the only reason the thing sells that's were. The games are crap, the thing doesn't even work and yet it sells? Why? Because there's 2 commericals for it every hour on half a dozen channels. Also Vita doesn't need to cater to casuals it needs to cater more to the hardcore people like me. I really like the Vita I really want it but in reality there's only one game on it I'm dying to play and it's not even out yet. I know I'll like alot of other games and alot of games are coming out but gravity rush is really the only game coming out in the next few months that I really want. I'm probably going to get a vita on launch but only because I don't have a psp anymore and I hardly had any psp games so I'm dying to play alot of those ones too but if I still had my psp I'd probably wait on the vita I suspect many are the same. Sony releasing alot of dumbed down crap to appeal to casuals won't help it's sales anymore then call of duty (which is already coming out) will. They should of made more games like gravity daze near launch not more causual stuff. 

I'm in shock seeing those poor Vita sales, however I'm so glad for the 3DS

Can't imagine how big the sales will be for the next pokemon game

All it took was to take Monster Hunter and make Mario Kart and the Vita is practically dead at launch. Damn shame.

I can't emphasize enough how important Monster Hunter was for Sony in Japan. People laughed at Tri G, it's a mediocre port with no online play and casual friendly additions and still amassed 900k in sales, that is nothing to laugh it. It's as though Sony hate sales.

BasilZero said:

they were obviously price gouging it

Selling your wares for profit is price grouging now?

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Vita was just a test. Like the PSPGo.

You're not serious surely?

BasilZero said:
Seece said:
megaman79 said:
Vita was just a test. Like the PSPGo.

You're not serious surely?

I think the way he said it was wrong, he probably meant that the PSPgo was a test for the Vita, and the Vita is a test for the Vita 2000 :P

XD

That would be giving him the benefit of the doubt though ...

Vita may recover fairly nicely the final week of 2011, as that is typically the biggest week for Sony's platforms. It's really too early to judge the launch in any meaningful way. If the next 30 weeks are 40k on average, its a great launch, if the next 30 weeks are 10k on average its a huge flop. The path Vita takes should be pretty clear by late January though once everything settle back from winter highs to spring-fall lows.

Leaning towards the middle of that range, as 3DS is going to be enormous in Japan during 2012 - presumably its the 15m people in Japan who bought a DS in 2006 - 2007 (remember, that's the equivalent of buying 37m systems in the US in two years - highest two year figure ever in the US is about 20m for Wii and DS) starting to uprgrade now that they've had DS for 5-6 years.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

BasilZero said:
Galaki said:
BasilZero said:

they were obviously price gouging it

Selling your wares for profit is price grouging now?

It is price gouging when they sell something alot higher than it is suppose to sell for. Cutting the price in 6 months is sure sign of it, other companies have suffered far more problems with their products (i.e. Sony with PS3 and PSP) , you didnt see them price cutting their systems within a year of their release.

Nintendo released their system at a high price because they took advantage of the average video game consumer , knowing that their fans would blindly throw their money at them just to get hands on their brand named product, and guess what it worked, for the first six months, how many 3DSes sold and how much money did they actually lose from producing the system and selling it? They actually made alot of cash I'm pretty sure from the first six months, their goals on how many systems to sell of course was a whole nother issue.

Sure their stocks went down but that was because of the dismal sales, but I'm pretty sure they made more of a profit than you think.

In the end, Nintendo's brand name sells alot more than Sony or Microsoft's regardless of how crappy the library of games they have. As long as Mario or Zelda gets released on their system, they'll sell more than $ony and Micro$oft. xD

Sony cut the price of the PS3 in July 2007. The system released in November 2006, so I'd call that within one year of release. If Sony could sell their products at a profit you don't think they would? (price gouging? I think not)

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-07-09-playstation-price_N.htm

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

dsage01 said:
Great sales for Wii but PS3 sales are really below my expectations. I understand Vita has shortages and no software similar to the 3DS when it released. PSP sales are still surprisingly high. Mario Kart is doing excellent and I don't think I should really coment on FF13-2...

Where did you hear that?