By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you think Microsoft is going to name there next XBox?

How will MS name there next gaming system?

Will stick with Same concept 42 57.53%

Will go in totally new direction 16 21.92%

I'm confused, I'm going with C!!!! 15 20.55%

Total:73
spaceguy said:
Adinnieken said:
Xbox Sfera

Sfera or the Italian for sphere, is an evolution of 360°. Where as a circle is a two dimensional object, a sphere is a three dimensional one. One that offers a fuller, richer experience. Not simply visually in media or gaming but in every day life.

The next Xbox will engage in a larger sphere of influence. Not simply hard core gaming, or even casual gaming, but an expanded influence into living rooms and people's every day lives. Not only will it connect people through gaming, or media, but through telecommunications.

It’s an evolution of the Xbox 360, not simply a new gaming console. Xbox 360 with Kinect is no longer simply a gaming console. It’s an entertainment device that people use daily to watch TV, movies, listen to music, and communicate with friends. The next Xbox will simply be an evolution of that. The next version of Kinect holds the promise and possibility of being able to allow the deaf communicate with the hearing through sign language translation and speech to text translation. Its sphere of influence in homes will grow as more and more people use the next Xbox for things like tele- and video communication, media streaming, as well as gaming. It’ll connect more people, across more parts of the Earth together, globally as a community.

Because of this, Sfera fits. Spheres of people will come together to form one community.

Sounds fitting. I think it would be a great idea but most people would have a hard time remembering or saying the name. I think xbox sphere would make more since but very good idea either way.

Also this keeps the same concept, while the name explains it's better value in metaphore.

Thanks.  It's an old name concept I've had, which I posted on another forum (can't recall where now).  Originally I thought Sphere.  The problem with Sphere is it's not sexy or very unique.  While Sfera gives is a bit of both.  I doubt however that Microsoft would ever consider it seriously.  Though the potential marketing for it would be pretty interesting (in my minds-eye). 

The pronunciation isn't all that particularly difficult, especially when you realize that sf and sph are the same thing.  It's just Sphere with an "a" instead of an "e" at the end.

Around the Network

Xbawks!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

They will NOT go with Xbox 720. The entire idea of that is just retarded and I hate that it got any kind of ground in the gaming realm at all as a possible name.

The idea that Xbox 720 will insinuate 720p is ridiculous.

The 3 people think has to do with they wanted a 3 in the name just like Playstation. Following the same strategy and having Xbox 480 would be an idea, in my opinion, but that just seems too similar.

Something new and unique would be cool. I like the Xbox L∞P idea that some posted.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

For anyone who thinks that Microsoft will name a product based on its project name, stop thinking that and think otherwise. Project names are not intended to be final product names, and they never have been at Microsoft.

Not to throw water on those fires. It's all up to Microsoft's marketing department to come up with a name. So whatever name you come up with better be something they can build a (successful) marketing campaign around.

Around the Network

I was thinking about it. I don't think it will be the 720, because what does that imply? I think part of the reason they went with 360 is as others have said, because Xbox 2 doesn't sound as advanced as Xbox 360 next to a PS3.

The best I could come up with as it would not only do 3D, but also with the new hyper Kinect it would move into your dimension, as you are part of a 3D game space - thus "Xbox for the 4 Dimension" thus "Xbox 4D" or "Xbox Cubed."

But honestly, 'Xbox Infinity' sounds better if you don't think of a car.

Plus Infinity rhymes with 360. (But I'm sure Apple would laugh as you could abbreviate it as an Ixbox.  As in - want to go play my Ibox?)

PS one for fun, "Introducing the Xbox Atari!"

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

I was thinking about it. I don't think it will be the 720, because what does that imply? I think part of the reason they went with 360 is as others have said, because Xbox 2 doesn't sound as advanced as Xbox 360 next to a PS3.

The best I could come up with as it would not only do 3D, but also with the new hyper Kinect it would move into your dimension, as you are part of a 3D game space - thus "Xbox for the 4 Dimension" thus "Xbox 4D" or "Xbox Cubed."

But honestly, 'Xbox Infinity' sounds better if you don't think of a car.

Plus Infinity rhymes with 360. (But I'm sure Apple would laugh as you could abbreviate it as an Ixbox.  As in - want to go play my Ibox?)

PS one for fun, "Introducing the Xbox Atari!"

Any number to the third power is cubed, thus volume.  3D gets its name from the fact that three dimensions are required to show something of volume; height, width, and depth.  The fouth dimension, in 4D, is time. 

Zappykins said:

Plus Infinity rhymes with 360.

Err, no it doesn't.