By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you think Microsoft is going to name there next XBox?

How will MS name there next gaming system?

Will stick with Same concept 42 57.53%

Will go in totally new direction 16 21.92%

I'm confused, I'm going with C!!!! 15 20.55%

Total:73

I know we all have heard of the XBox 720 as a interpretation of the next installment of Microsofts gaming system. So where do you think they will go with the name?

Do you think they will stick with the same concept or turn it in a completely different direction all together?  Also, how does the successes and failures of systems affect the name of systems?  For example, Personally I think that xbox 360 was named that for the purpose of pushing the envelope and achieve what the original xbox couldn't.

I think also by naming the second xbox, Xbox 360, that would rule out going with accending order however I could be wrong.  We could have had it wrong all along, Xbox 540 could be the real bread winner and it was right around the corner the whole time.

Around the Network

X-BoxU

Wasn't there a rumour about Xbox Loop (where the 'o's in loop are actually the symbol for infinity)

They could steal Nintendo's power and go with super xbox 360. Actually sounds good. LOL

TWRoO said:
Wasn't there a rumour about Xbox Loop (where the 'o's in loop are actually the symbol for infinity

Xbox ∞ ?  Pronounce as "Xbox infinity"

Could live with that :)

Around the Network

i actually like NextBox, since it pronounces same as Xbox

Xbox720 would be a bad idea, this implies its just 720p, what shouldnt happen.
Xbox1080 sounds weird.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

I think they will simply call it Xbox or Xbox Live. Maybe Xbox Next or NextBox.

XBOX to infinity and beyond.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

AwesomeBox 3.

Well, they should.

Infinity!!