By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So it's time to recollect our memories of the Wii

as a day one buyer of the wii, I know the wii didnt fail sales wise, but when i look back at how well the N64 and gamecube appealed to me from a software stand point, the wii fails there for me. Nintendo has had the titles for me to enjoy, but not in abbundance to me as GC and not as much 3rd party good games.

Here's hoping wiiU truly picks up where the GC left off

Around the Network

The Wii has been for me a fantastic console. This is the very first one that I bought the first day (actually not the first day, the first week, when my reserved console was available) because I feared the shortages. It is still working absolutely perfectly, and never had any hardware problem.

Even Nintendo was caught surprised by the massive success of their home console, by far their most successful. The Wii stayed supply constrained for 2 years.

Nintendo delivered big time on Wii, with often great iterations of their series and very few disappointment (Metroid Other M is the biggest). Nintendo really did a fantastic job and have set their image at an high time high.

Mario Galaxy was my biggest "Wahooo", this game really killed Mario 64 for good and surpassed by so much any other platformers 3D. And they decided to please the fans even more by doing a sequel and giving us more of this intense experience.

The third parties, that was really the biggest disappointment, most of them either realized garbage port from HD games or were doing exlusive and shitty games. The biggest editors were often the worst, no efforts.

UbiSoft , EA and Activision were the worst of the worst.

But surprisingly, the Wii got many GREAT games from smaller third party studio. Little King's Story and Madworld are among my favourite Wii games. No more Heroes and Muramasa were also enjoyable.

Finally the Wii was really the "hardcore" experience.

Nintendo games, arcade games, the rebirth of 2D platforming on home console, all of that made the Wii an unforgettable console.

milkyjoe said:
The Wii has some of the best games ever made in the two Galaxy games and a few others, but we also had to suffer through third parties ignoring the most obvious opportunities. It's 2012 and I never got the lightsaber game I and thousands of other gamers thought of 30 seconds after seeing the first Wii tech demo. If I could think of it that quickly, then why couldn't Lucas Arts think of it as well at some point in the following 5-6 years....

Ninty themselves are a bit guilty of this too. Im still stupified that we never got a proper follow up to Mario Power Tennis. or a new F-zero

umegames said:
as a day one buyer of the wii, I know the wii didnt fail sales wise, but when i look back at how well the N64 and gamecube appealed to me from a software stand point, the wii fails there for me. Nintendo has had the titles for me to enjoy, but not in abbundance to me as GC and not as much 3rd party good games.

Here's hoping wiiU truly picks up where the GC left off

this.

I bought my Wii on launch date and it still works even though I had to fix it twice.(first time was free, second time I had to pay.) My favorite game is still No More Heroes, awesome game, story, controls, and music is badass. I really enjoy it and I'm happy I got it b/c my niece and nephew got one when they played mines and they got into gaming through the Wii. Also, on New Year's Day 2010 my family came over and we started playing Wii Sports for fun and then all of a sudden we had a competitive tournament between 8 of my family members and that was the best time I had playing the Wii. I proud that this little console got me and my family closer when we all have busy lives to live.

Thank you Nintendo and I'm looking forward to the Wii U and beyond.

Around the Network

It is official I now owned 3 Wii console... White - Red and Blue... my love story with Wii maynot be over if ever a Gold edition will be released!

I hope it will.

We have gold remotes - gold nunchuks - gols wheels - gold classic controllers -

Switch!!!

My top 10 Wii games in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98EQPU70_M

Do you agree, disagree? The Wii had some amazing games. It was hard to pick only 10.

BilosB said:
My top 10 Wii games in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98EQPU70_M

Do you agree, disagree? The Wii had some amazing games. It was hard to pick only 10.

Replace Madworld with Xenoblade Chronicles and your list would have the same games as me

EDIT: And Monster Hunter 3 as well

My fondest memories with the Nintendo Wii are the hundreds of hours playing Mario Kart Wii with my family and friends. Having those fierce battles and, what seems like, the endless blue shells hitting me over and over again.

The goods:
Family times with Wii Sports, playing Wii Play with my parents and a buddy of mine!! Playing NSMB Wii with family and friends.

Beautiful console and controller, built-in speaker in wii-mote, can keep settings in wii-mote for smash.

My unforgettable moments with Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess and Zelda Skyward Sword.

Link's crossbow training (I loved it).

Many hours of rediscovering lost memories in the VC.

My regrets:
Smash Bros Brawl Online functionality... :(
No Street Fighter IV...
Poor big franchise 3rd party support (Metal Gear, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil).