By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So it's time to recollect our memories of the Wii

alfredofroylan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wii almost dead? Little or no novelties for it? Bu-bu-bu-but Vitality Sensor?  WAAAAAH!!!          

According to Iwata they couldn't make this thing work properly.

Couldn't they just ORDER their fans to feel comfortable with that thing clipping their fingers?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

1. NSMBW, DKCR and MK Wii.
2. Being able to play FF2/4, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG for the first time thanks to the VC.
3. Damn you Nintendo for killing off the Wii.
4. Xenoblade finally coming to America.

My favorite console, mostly because the lovely VC. Whish there are more N64 games, such as both Pokemon Stadium.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I remember getting my Wii on January 27th 2007/ I pre-ordered at GAME, but they sold it so I had to wait for stock to come in. Ahh those early days of the stock shortages. The Wii was an amazing gaming system really. It did alot for gaming as well. Such a wonderful library of games too. The galaxy games, wii sports/resort, metroid prime 3, Twilight Princess (one of my fave zelda's). It even saw the return of the Excite and Punch-out franchises. Shame the system got tarred as not being a core system despite the fact it had alot of core titles. My only disappointment with the hardware was it couldn't play dvd's. My only software disappointment was the cancellation of Project Hammer and the lack of an F-Zero. I shall miss the Wii and remember it fondly.

Will not post until my Wii get fixed, finish Zelda SS, earn more money to aquire games that I missed. . . or until the console has been officially discontinued!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wii almost dead? Little or no novelties for it? Bu-bu-bu-but Vitality Sensor?  WAAAAAH!!!          

Good riddance!  Im I the only one that taught that thing would suck??

Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Fond memories on Okami, Muramasa, Star Soldier R when I hit the 20th mark in my country's leaderboards after replaying the first level for a week, Madworld, hundreds of hours of multiplayer madness on Wii sports... and Monster Hunter 3

2008-2009 was such a blast, I remember when we got MP3, SMG, SSBM, NMH... one great game every month. Now other platform have such great games at a rate of several a month...

Now, it's just unbelievable how the Wii managed to perform so well with all the industry all guns blazing against Nintendo, lazy 3rd party devs, forums, journalists all against it. And even Nintendo himself giving it the coup de grace and abandoning everything on the Wii while they where preparing 3DS launch.

Also, on my personal point of view, I am happy that Ninty shitted so much, and thanks to this site, it opened my eyes on other platform. Now I don't play my Wii anymore, but PC & PS3 !

well, that is a hell of a 180, 

oniyide said:
alfredofroylan said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Good riddance!  Im I the only one that taught that thing would suck??

I didn't really see it having much use, I mean the game it would be designed for would probably be interesting in a similar way to Wii Fit, and it could be a neat addition to proper survival horror, but other than that it seems like Nintendo wanted to try something new just because, rather than thinking it would actually advance gaming.

In maybe 15-20 years time though, this kind of stuff could be incorporated into a kind of uber-awesome power-glove controller.

Amazing console. Bought on midnight release.

It's a huge shame Pikmin 3 was never released. The controls are too perfect!

Games i played the most -

Excite Truck
Donkey Kong Country Returns
House Of The Dead Overkill
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Super Monkey Ball - Banana Blitz
Wii Party
Guitar Hero 3
Skyward Sword

The Wii has some of the best games ever made in the two Galaxy games and a few others, but we also had to suffer through third parties ignoring the most obvious opportunities. It's 2012 and I never got the lightsaber game I and thousands of other gamers thought of 30 seconds after seeing the first Wii tech demo. If I could think of it that quickly, then why couldn't Lucas Arts think of it as well at some point in the following 5-6 years....

VGChartz