By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is VGChartz on crack???

It is always something,   ' a game that you can finish in 10 hours don't deserve to be GOTy'  'a game who's singleplayer sucks and people just buy over and over again for its multiplayer don't deserve to be GOTy'  'a game that only has the best graphics don't deserve to be GOTy'  'It is only GOTy because it has guns and blood'  

would not be surprised that this game will be GOTY on PS3 forums/sites aswell :).

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Well, it not like the staff discuss their picks, I got a chance to give my official vote and I saw how it works , it's just a simple voting, so ..

WE most certainly do!  Lengthy discussions happened on the AIM group, even so far as to discuss what qualified and what didn't (had to redo some votes due to extenuating circumstances.)  

I own Skyrim on PS3, and I wrote those awards.  I've not noticed any issues on the PS3 yet, just some occasional framerate stutters.  (then again I haven't been playing 70 hours yet to get that dreaded 6-7 meg save file). 

It's always frustrating as hell to see people not just disagreeing with me but claiming me to be on crack, especially when there are no issues with the awards.  So infuriating, you know? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
VXIII said:

Well, it not like the staff discuss their picks, I got a chance to give my official vote and I saw how it works , it's just a simple voting, so ..

WE most certainly do!  Lengthy discussions happened on the AIM group, even so far as to discuss what qualified and what didn't (had to redo some votes due to extenuating circumstances.)  

I own Skyrim on PS3, and I wrote those awards.  I've not noticed any issues on the PS3 yet, just some occasional framerate stutters.  (then again I haven't been playing 70 hours yet to get that dreaded 6-7 meg save file). 

It's always frustrating as hell to see people not just disagreeing with me but claiming me to be on crack, especially when there are no issues with the awards.  So infuriating, you know? 

Well the "crack" part wan't really directed anyone in particular. i just wanted to add a little bit of humor. But still... Giving a game the best RPG when not even finishing it....

Lostplanet22 said:

It is always something,   ' a game that you can finish in 10 hours don't deserve to be GOTy'  'a game who's singleplayer sucks and people just buy over and over again for its multiplayer don't deserve to be GOTy'  'a game that only has the best graphics don't deserve to be GOTy'  'It is only GOTy because it has guns and blood'  

would not be surprised that this game will be GOTY on PS3 forums/sites aswell :).

well this  situation is a little different. This time it is "a game that is not playable doesn't deserve GOTY"

Also I guess I am unfairly accusing VGChartz for the only one that does this when they are clearly not, but I just thought VGChartz was a little different since the staff does a good job of actively interactingwith the users on this forum so I thought they were aware of the problems. Also I think I remmeber reading an article on here a year ago made by one of the writers saying that we should not support broken games (I think they were refering to Fallout New Vegas) which is a bit contradictory since they just gave a broken game best RPG.

Runa216 said:
VXIII said:

I see , good to know that you are taking it more seriously.

Makes me wonder why WE are allowed to vote in the first place :P

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
not just crack but, shrooms, smack, x, dust, hash, crystal meth, and dope.

seriously though, to many broken games came out this yr. that got more credit then they deserved. Darksouls is obviously the best RPG on any console.

Man I was begining to think I was dumb for having this opinion, good to see I'm not a jackass!

Runa216 said:
VXIII said:

Should you not play the whole game before awarding it goty status?

Sure if you just consider the main quest it is pretty good, but after the 40-50 hour mark the quality starts to wear very thin due to repetition of about everything. I would not consider a game goty if I don't feel like playing it again, even without the bugs. What kept me going through Skyrim was first discovering the world, then levelling up, then hoping to find 1 more unique dungeon or quest which never happened.

Giving awards to games that have just come out is never a good idea. Either hype or initial disappointment will always taint the results. The only reason the goty awards are in december is to get more people to buy the popular games. To have any credibility they should be held at E3 for example for games of the previous year.

It definitely should be lower in review, but I have to say that I would still give it PS3 RPG of the year. I didnt prefer Dark Souls over it even though it suffer from severe problems once your game save is big,

SpartenOmega117 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
I think Skyrim is only messed up on just less than one third of ps3s

So that means about 700,000 people (according to the PS3 sales of Skyrim VGChartz posted) are having trouble. That is quite a bit of people. Imagine any other product that has a 33.33% faliure rate.

Xbox 360

Are you on crack? Could you not think of a more constructive way to title this thread? Did you not consider putting this in the comments section of the article?

Regardless, locked.