By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Manager of the ever relevant Tetris Company has his say on "Angry Birds".

Angry Birds is cool I guess, but its in no way original. There's tons of flash games of the same concept that have been around way longer than AB.

Tetris was actually original though, and will probably live on forever.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
amp316 said:
Tetris is like the Happy Birthday song. That's priceless.

What's Angry Birds? YMCA?

Macarena.

How is it that we thought of precisely the same song?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
amp316 said:

Macarena.

I guess it's just the best comparison. One minute everyone was doing the macarena at baseball games, the next it was some lame old relic that everyone laughs at. Angry Birds will follow the exact same trajectory, inshallah!

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
amp316 said:

Macarena.

I guess it's just the best comparison. One minute everyone was doing the macarena at baseball games, the next it was some lame old relic that everyone laughs at. Angry Birds will follow the exact same trajectory, inshallah!

Underlined for the win.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:
badgenome said:
amp316 said:

Macarena.

Variants of the artillery duel stay around for a reason.  Angry Birds is the latest in this type of game.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
If he invented Tetris, I'd agree with him. Tetris rapes Angry Birds sideways in fun factor, replay value and everything else...

However some guy in Russia invented Tetris and this goof is just blowing hot air.

Alexey Pajitnov actually resides in the US these days, his pal that helped him went crazy and murdered his family with a hammer

and to be fair Henk Rogers was directly involved with introducing Tetris to the world he actually infiltrated Moscow to license tetris and was directly involved with getting nintendo to license tetris

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
disolitude said:
If he invented Tetris, I'd agree with him. Tetris rapes Angry Birds sideways in fun factor, replay value and everything else...

However some guy in Russia invented Tetris and this goof is just blowing hot air.

Alexey Pajitnov actually resides in the US these days, his pal that helped him went crazy and murdered his family with a hammer

and to be fair Henk Rogers was directly involved with introducing Tetris to the world he actually infiltrated Moscow to license tetris and was directly involved with getting nintendo to license tetris

Well thank you for the education on this matter... Do I dare to ask how you know all this? Especially about the murder of the guy's family??  o.O

disolitude said:
masschamber said:
disolitude said:

Well thank you for the education on this matter... Do I dare to ask how you know all this? Especially about the murder of the guy's family??  o.O

wrote an essay for an economics class on the effects of the soviet union's economic policies on arts and entertainment during the cold war era.  Was a newspaper article from the city he lived in at the time of the murders titled something like Tetris inventor murders family, obviously I had to know more.   Most everything else was from various economic journals and such

oh yeah, on a whole tetris is a facinating affair in international policy, copyright law, and just about everything,

to read up on the incredible history here is a great place to start

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/A938874

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having played Angry Birds it's baffling as to why it's so big .... Rocket Riot and even Cut the Rope are miles better.

masschamber said:
disolitude said:
masschamber said:
disolitude said:

wrote an essay for an economics class on the effects of the soviet union's economic policies on arts and entertainment during the cold war era.  Was a newspaper article from the city he lived in at the time of the murders titled something like Tetris inventor murders family, obviously I had to know more.   Most everything else was from various economic journals and such

oh yeah, on a whole tetris is a facinating affair in international policy, copyright law, and just about everything,

to read up on the incredible history here is a great place to start

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/A938874

Well thanks again for the article link... it is a very interesting read indeed.