By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - Stormcloaks or Imperial Legion

Tagged games:

Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
SvennoJ said:
lestatdark said:
dr3b said:
Have to say the Imperials seem to be making the best arguments on here.
- Have already paid them good money for houses
- Keeps the Thalmor out of Skyrim
- Stormcloaks saying they would have liked to join the Imperials

As for the High Elves, I will need some way to raise my bounty in the jarldoms for the wanted trophy...

All of this and my character is an Imperial, and I didn't really want to be a turncoat, makes me think the legion may be the best choice although I will be selling myself out to the 1%.

There's a dirt cheap way of doing this. Get the Storm Call shout, use it in any major city, instant 1000 bounty

I love that shout. I already had it before I went up to see the Greybeards. When they wanted to teach me the sprint shout outside (which I also already had) I figured, here I'll show you something cool. Then all of them got repeatedly struck down by lightning. They completely ignored it ofcourse like it was the most normal thing in the world, just cowered for 2 seconds when they ran out of health.

I never bothered with the wanted trophy. The game kept locking out fast travel even though I was far away from the guards that were pursuing me, with the only choice to head back and reset the bounty. (They weren't pursuing me at all, just waiting for me to come back) Even killing every killable person in town was not enough.

Potion of invisibility for 60 seconds + 100 sneak = Even with 1000 bounty, guards will ignore you after they give up searching for you. 

At least that was how I got mine. You could ride your horse between Jarldoms, but that would take an extremely long time >_>.

What are you exactly discussing here, the trophy where you need a 1000 bounty in all cities right? Why do you mention riding, why can't you just fast travel to all the cities and murder everyone you see? (I havent tried to get this Trophy yet)

Because of what SvennoJ pointed out. Even if you murder everyone inside a Jarl, there always seems to be a guard looking for you, hence you can't fast travel. 

If you have an insanely high Sneak and some good invisibility potions you can counters this and hide long enough for the guards to cancel their search for you (the Sneak icon goes down painfully slow on this case) and fast travel, otherwise, going from place to place seems to be the only way of doing it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
SvennoJ said:
lestatdark said:
dr3b said:
Have to say the Imperials seem to be making the best arguments on here.
- Have already paid them good money for houses
- Keeps the Thalmor out of Skyrim
- Stormcloaks saying they would have liked to join the Imperials

As for the High Elves, I will need some way to raise my bounty in the jarldoms for the wanted trophy...

All of this and my character is an Imperial, and I didn't really want to be a turncoat, makes me think the legion may be the best choice although I will be selling myself out to the 1%.

There's a dirt cheap way of doing this. Get the Storm Call shout, use it in any major city, instant 1000 bounty

I love that shout. I already had it before I went up to see the Greybeards. When they wanted to teach me the sprint shout outside (which I also already had) I figured, here I'll show you something cool. Then all of them got repeatedly struck down by lightning. They completely ignored it ofcourse like it was the most normal thing in the world, just cowered for 2 seconds when they ran out of health.

I never bothered with the wanted trophy. The game kept locking out fast travel even though I was far away from the guards that were pursuing me, with the only choice to head back and reset the bounty. (They weren't pursuing me at all, just waiting for me to come back) Even killing every killable person in town was not enough.

Potion of invisibility for 60 seconds + 100 sneak = Even with 1000 bounty, guards will ignore you after they give up searching for you. 

At least that was how I got mine. You could ride your horse between Jarldoms, but that would take an extremely long time >_>.

What are you exactly discussing here, the trophy where you need a 1000 bounty in all cities right? Why do you mention riding, why can't you just fast travel to all the cities and murder everyone you see? (I havent tried to get this Trophy yet)

Because of what SvennoJ pointed out. Even if you murder everyone inside a Jarl, there always seems to be a guard looking for you, hence you can't fast travel. 

If you have an insanely high Sneak and some good invisibility potions you can counters this and hide long enough for the guards to cancel their search for you (the Sneak icon goes down painfully slow on this case) and fast travel, otherwise, going from place to place seems to be the only way of doing it.

Gotya. Gotta train a bit on my sneak then I guess.

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

Well you could easily just kill 1 guard who is outside the city gates and that gives you a 1000 bounty then you just hop on your horse and ride away from the city for 20-30 seconds and then fast travel to a different city.

yo_john117 said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

Well you could easily just kill 1 guard who is outside the city gates and that gives you a 1000 bounty then you just hop on your horse and ride away from the city for 20-30 seconds and then fast travel to a different city.

That could be achieavable, but outside of Whiterun and Dawnstar, it's rare to encounter a single guard roaming outside a city, they usually are in pairs or more. Plus, they keep constantly respawning as well. 

I've tried that method and didn't work for me. Then again, playing at a higher difficulty, it's much harder to "shake" foes that are in your vicinity or that are hunting you, so that could be the reason I couldn't do it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Game Save file 1: Imperial. I will play as an Imperial guard.
Game Save File 2: Stormcloaks. (Play as these guys at a later date).

Being a bad character is much more fun than being the Hero. I am a Kajit. I love the cats and will give other classes : Elves, Nords, Breton, Orcs, etc a play through as I play this game over and over again.

So far based on what I have played so far Skyrim is so much better than the glitchy Oblivion. Oblivion lagged, froze and crashed on my XBox 360 so many times. No problems with Skyrim on my XBox 360.

Around the Network

Greymane or Battleborn??????

The_Botman said:

Can you even choose Battleborn?  I can't seem to find a battleborn quest, just the Greymayne one.

Kasz216 said:
The_Botman said:

Can you even choose Battleborn?  I can't seem to find a battleborn quest, just the Greymayne one.

I haven't found either quest! And I wanted to side with the rich ones...

I am really annoyed that I haven't found that, as I have explored Whiterun SO much, unlike every other city apart from Solitude... I haven't even been to most of them

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Game Save file 1: Imperial. I will play as an Imperial guard.
Game Save File 2: Stormcloaks. (Play as these guys at a later date).

Being a bad character is much more fun than being the Hero. I am a Kajit. I love the cats and will give other classes : Elves, Nords, Breton, Orcs, etc a play through as I play this game over and over again.

So far based on what I have played so far Skyrim is so much better than the glitchy Oblivion. Oblivion lagged, froze and crashed on my XBox 360 so many times. No problems with Skyrim on my XBox 360.

If your playing the Khajit as a pure evil character I'm going to guess you've never played Morrowind.

The Khajit are prone to stealing largely because that's one of the few ways they've been allowed to survive.

lestatdark said:
yo_john117 said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:

That could be achieavable, but outside of Whiterun and Dawnstar, it's rare to encounter a single guard roaming outside a city, they usually are in pairs or more. Plus, they keep constantly respawning as well. 

I've tried that method and didn't work for me. Then again, playing at a higher difficulty, it's much harder to "shake" foes that are in your vicinity or that are hunting you, so that could be the reason I couldn't do it.

Yeah I suppose if your playing on a harder difficulty then that way may be harder. I'm just playing on the default difficulty....although I could probably bump it up because right now I absolutely destroy everything I meet in 2-3 hits if they can see me and 1 hit if i'm hidden.