By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Awards (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:

I would love if you would make an own topic covering JUST the Overall GOTY ^^

Incase you didn't see my changed post =

"

My intention was not to make a overall game of the year only thread as if all other awards are dismissed.

Could a mod change the title to Uncharted 3 - Awards Official Thread to avoid confusion please?

Its basically a gathering of praise for NDs UC3. Every aspect matters! :D If you can call the game for the Best PS3 game.. thats pretty damn awesome xD.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91iDhZmLbc

At 1:00 for UC2 -> "Over 200 Game of the Year awards"

Obviously that's other awards included also... If I am wrong please do tell me because OVER 200 GOTY awards as in Overall.. that's ..c r a z y!?"

EDIT: Just saw I can edit the topic title, thanks man I had no idea!

Oh no you missed my point man. It's better to seperate the actual GOTY awards from the other awards because once that list gets bigger it's going to be annoying to look through that list to see the actual GOTY awards because those are the ones that matter the most.

I see where you're coming from and I do get what you mean. I'll organize it once the game actually hits 10 OVR GOTY awards, which I am thinking it won't even get there. I want to see how far away we will come when comparing it to the dualpack trailer that claims UC2 has "over 200 awards". If we reach 50-75, ill cream my pants XD.

Yeah that would work just fine. I personally think it will get over 10 GOTY awards without too much of a problem.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:

"

My intention was not to make a overall game of the year only thread as if all other awards are dismissed.

Could a mod change the title to Uncharted 3 - Awards Official Thread to avoid confusion please?

Its basically a gathering of praise for NDs UC3. Every aspect matters! :D If you can call the game for the Best PS3 game.. thats pretty damn awesome xD.

Obviously that's other awards included also... If I am wrong please do tell me because OVER 200 GOTY awards as in Overall.. that's ..c r a z y!?"

Oh no you missed my point man. It's better to seperate the actual GOTY awards from the other awards because once that list gets bigger it's going to be annoying to look through that list to see the actual GOTY awards because those are the ones that matter the most.

I see where you're coming from and I do get what you mean. I'll organize it once the game actually hits 10 OVR GOTY awards, which I am thinking it won't even get there. I want to see how far away we will come when comparing it to the dualpack trailer that claims UC2 has "over 200 awards". If we reach 50-75, ill cream my pants XD.

Yeah that would work just fine. I personally think it will get over 10 GOTY awards without too much of a problem.

I am guessing on.. hm.. 6 xD

We shall see mate! I personally hope it'll reach 50+ Awards in general. Incase you played the UC3 MP and watched the Naughty Dog TV, you can see the ND headquarters and in one of the videos ( the one where they are working on UC3 teaser for the VGAs 2010 ), you'll see like.. this shelf with butt ton of awards including best PS3 game and so on. I just want more things to go there hahaha XD

Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:

"

We shall see mate! I personally hope it'll reach 50+ Awards in general. Incase you played the UC3 MP and watched the Naughty Dog TV, you can see the ND headquarters and in one of the videos ( the one where they are working on UC3 teaser for the VGAs 2010 ), you'll see like.. this shelf with butt ton of awards including best PS3 game and so on. I just want more things to go there hahaha XD

Heh if The Last of US is as good as it look, by the end of this gen Naughty Dog are going to have so many awards that they'll have to buy a warehouse just to fit them all in one place

yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:

"

Heh if The Last of US is as good as it look, by the end of this gen Naughty Dog are going to have so many awards that they'll have to buy a warehouse just to fit them all in one place

:D awesome

Aldro? Uncharted 3?

Tagged.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Obviously that's other awards included also... If I am wrong please do tell me because OVER 200 GOTY awards as in Overall.. that's ..c r a z y!?

It is not a GotY award unless it won the Game of the Year award. Yes, overall. I thought the name of the award would make that clear. I actually can kinda believe UC2 getting over 200 GotY awards, it was THE game that year. I really can't remember anything else that came out the same year, but yeah. You might now be thinking "but Metacritic only has 105 reviews for the game, how can it have so many awards?" Well Billy, you see, Metacritic does really not count reviews that are not in English, however, which is fair. However, those sites and magasines from the various countries of the world do also pick Game of the Year, which you really cannot argue with, it's either "in or out".

Besides, when you are trying to advertise your game, you just write down all of the GotY awards, no matter where they are from, so a lot of the less "credible" sites (according to Metacritic) could easily be used in your arguement. Nobody will double check either way. *nod*

Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:
Aldro said:
yo_john117 said:

"

i won't have a problem to find 6 in germany alone i think. you just have to search deep enough and you will find countless goty awards for games like uncharted, batman or skyrim. sure not all will be big sources but few of them will be huge sources for german market at leat.

Christhor said:
Aldro said:

Obviously that's other awards included also... If I am wrong please do tell me because OVER 200 GOTY awards as in Overall.. that's ..c r a z y!?

It is not a GotY award unless it won the Game of the Year award. Yes, overall. I thought the name of the award would make that clear. I actually can kinda believe UC2 getting over 200 GotY awards, it was THE game that year. I really can't remember anything else that came out the same year, but yeah. You might now be thinking "but Metacritic only has 105 reviews for the game, how can it have so many awards?" Well Billy, you see, Metacritic does really not count reviews that are not in English, however, which is fair. However, those sites and magasines from the various countries of the world do also pick Game of the Year, which you really cannot argue with, it's either "in or out".

Besides, when you are trying to advertise your game, you just write down all of the GotY awards, no matter where they are from, so a lot of the less "credible" sites (according to Metacritic) could easily be used in your arguement. Nobody will double check either way. *nod*

Thing is though bro: in the same video it says: 39 perfect scores. Same as meta! Surely those 200 have praised it with a perfect score if it was the shit. On the internet i can find max 45-60 goty awards (magazines included). I have a feeling theyre using awards in general because they bothered to somehow found 3x the amount of goty overall but not 1 from reviews? Wiki has uc2 at about 105 awards won. Im sure theres 2x that once taking ALL awards into consideration. Its my way of interpreting it and thats why I made this topic. I respect your view but I don't see it the way you do.

Aldro said:
Christhor said:
Aldro said:

Thing is though bro: in the same video it says: 39 perfect scores. Same as meta! Surely those 200 have praised it with a perfect score if it was the shit. On the internet i can find max 45-60 goty awards (magazines included). I have a feeling theyre using awards in general because they bothered to somehow found 3x the amount of goty overall but not 1 from reviews? Wiki has uc2 at about 105 awards won. Im sure theres 2x that once taking ALL awards into consideration. Its my way of interpreting it and thats why I made this topic. I respect your view but I don't see it the way you do.

just as very short example, goty you don't know (i believe)

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Special/14718/66923/0/4Players_Spiele_des_Jahres_2009.html

http://www.gq-magazin.de/unterhaltung/film-musik-spiele/uncharted-2-spiel-des-jahres-2009-uncharted-2

but yeah, those aren't on meta as well but it's no problem to find 200 goty on the whole planet if you want.

crissindahouse said:
Aldro said:
Christhor said:
Aldro said:

just as very short example, goty you don't know (i believe)

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Special/14718/66923/0/4Players_Spiele_des_Jahres_2009.html

http://www.gq-magazin.de/unterhaltung/film-musik-spiele/uncharted-2-spiel-des-jahres-2009-uncharted-2

but yeah, those aren't on meta as well but it's no problem to find 200 goty on the whole planet if you want.

No doubt! But the fact that they listed the same perfect scores as meta, and just 1 goty for uc1 makes me think they didnt try to find 200 ovr goty as even fanboys couldnt gather more than 45 over at Gaf for example. Half of that is on wiki and thats awards! Not goty! If you found exactly 200 goty for uc2, id not post in these forums for 6 months XD. Its hard believe me -- Ive tried. Theyre aiming for awards. Given the background of the net and the other acclaims in that video, its the only option that makes sense. But yes i bet if they truly focused on it, a company like that could find 200.. Not super easy though.