By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

God what a mess ....

To clarifiy, psrock no it's not ok to shout undertracked without any evidence, actually it's a moderatable defense and it's ruining convo.

To the rest that say 'X360 gets adjusted down every year, PS3 up' I don't think so.

Last year after christmas (and this is using adjusted numbers) the PS3 had 1.7m on shelves. It's at 58.2 atm, set to do 1 mill this week, 1.2m week after likely, and 600k week after going by last year and how it's up yoy. That's 61 sell through.

Sony expect 6.8 - 7.6 shipped this Q so that would be 62.3 - 63.1 (1.3m - 2.1m on shelves.)

If it's bang in the middle of that then it's on par with last year.

The snide remarks about NPD and adjustments shouldn't be tolerated, so enjoy them whilst you still can.

I don't mind vgchartz banning people for questioning their numbers in every sales thread, its their choice. 

They can question them as long as they actually have something to back it up. Saying it was up in Nov so it must be up in Dec isn't good enough.

I never knew to question something you needed backup, I believe you needed a valid reason. It's realy not crazy to assume numbers will increase from November to December, it's a given.

Then you've got the wrong end of the stick, they arnt talking about an increase from Nov to Dec, they're talking about YOY (assuming) without even seeing the last 2 weeks of the year for the US. They assume because it was up 330k in Nov that somehow it's capable of 1.6 - 1.9m (a few sony fans) regardless. PS3 very well might be up in Dec NPD yoy, or down ... all we have now is the numbers here, and nobody has anything as proof or even solid reasoning as to why our tracking is 'wrong' so yeah.

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

G

The snide remarks about NPD and adjustments shouldn't be tolerated, so enjoy them whilst you still can.

I don't mind vgchartz banning people for questioning their numbers in every sales thread, its their choice. 

They can question them as long as they actually have something to back it up. Saying it was up in Nov so it must be up in Dec isn't good enough.

I never knew to question something you needed backup, I believe you needed a valid reason. It's realy not crazy to assume numbers will increase from November to December, it's a given.

Then you've got the wrong end of the stick, they arnt talking about an increase from Nov to Dec, they're talking about YOY (assuming) without even seeing the last 2 weeks of the year for the US. They assume because it was up 330k in Nov that somehow it's capable of 1.6 - 1.9m (a few sony fans) regardless. PS3 very well might be up in Dec NPD yoy, or down ... all we have now is the numbers here, and nobody has anything as proof or even solid reasoning as to why our tracking is 'wrong' so yeah.

Well, that's really one or two people. That's not a Sony fans issues. With most of deals going to the 360, I don't expect much from the PS3. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

God what a mess ....

To clarifiy, psrock no it's not ok to shout undertracked without any evidence, actually it's a moderatable defense and it's ruining convo.

To the rest that say 'X360 gets adjusted down every year, PS3 up' I don't think so.

Last year after christmas (and this is using adjusted numbers) the PS3 had 1.7m on shelves. It's at 58.2 atm, set to do 1 mill this week, 1.2m week after likely, and 600k week after going by last year and how it's up yoy. That's 61 sell through.

Sony expect 6.8 - 7.6 shipped this Q so that would be 62.3 - 63.1 (1.3m - 2.1m on shelves.)

Word of advice: Don't even bother backing up your claims with evidence/proof, hr'll probably just pretend your post doesn't exists and silently make adjustments  long afterwards.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4332269

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4332945

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Apparently you need proof to question whether something is inaccurate? Do you read what you type?? Some of the die hard Microsoft fans are too sensitive. Just breathe

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

ljigga said:
Apparently you need proof to question whether something is inaccurate? Do you read what you type?? Some of the die hard Microsoft fans are too sensitive. Just breathe

Which die hard MS fans, the three of them left here?

Around the Network

Amazing 3ds numbers, Oot, mario 3dsland & kart doing great... Wii doing well as well, actually amazing for a dying console... And even the Ds is doing some good numbers too... I was hoping a little bit better sells for skyward sword, sells are ok, I am hoping for some good numbers next week, the game is just too amazing.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

The most popular Kinect software doing pretty well this week.

Also really glad about:

• Batman: Arkham City (PS3 & 360)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3 & 360)
  • Battlefield 3 (PS3, 360 & PC)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary (360)
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
  • Uncharted 3 (PS3)
  • Gears Of War 3 (360)

kowenicki said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
kowenicki said:

I certianly dont just say it for the sake of it..  ever.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4296734

"360 down and everything else up... sorry... but no"

The week after the Battlefield launch in which the Xbox was coming from a big HW bump. I remember because it seemed a pretty logical thing that 360 would be down and you yet just said it could't be.

I'm not trying to accuse you, but rather point out that it's legitimate to have doubts about the numbers and conjecture (like you did in this case). It's a sales website after all. It can be annoying if someone repeats it like a broken record, but otherwise I don't see the big deal.

You did well finding that... 6 hours... quite quick.  But, with respect, that is completely different to what I am talking about.  I am talking about posters who, in every single sales thread, say overtracked and undertracked... these arent just the odd isolated query based on some data, these are statements based on a dislike for numbers in EVERY thread and almost every discussion related to anything sales.

Iit took me 5min to find it because I remembered I had replied to that post of yours and it was in my posting history.

But yeah, I'm not saying that it's ok to spam with 'undertrackedz' or to question the site in a trollish manner, which I find annoying too. But to have doubts and express it normally, I don't think it is such a big deal to get upset like that.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

It is OK to question numbers here and there, but the simple undertracked and overtracked crap is what has been brought up in this thread. As Kowenicki said the past couple of weeks have been particularly bad. Any time a discussion is taking place about sales numbers for the holidays there is a constant dismissal of trends and thoughts with PS3 undertracked and 360 overtracked.

I questioned Black Friday week sales in Europe because PS3 got the same jump as last year when GT5 released. It didnt seem right and a couple of weeks later it was adjusted. Come up with some reason that your argument has merit, but not simply thrown in adjustment adjustment.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Jan : -3%
Feb : +12%
Mar : +16%
Apr : +13%
May : +14%
Jun : -9%
Jul : -31%
Ago : -3%
Sep : +20%
Oct : +0%
Nov : +70%

Year: +9%

Last year PS3 sold 1,210,000 by NPD December.

Using the AVG (+9%): 1,320,000

VGC now: 774,960

More two weeks: 545,040 to 1,320,000 = 272,520 per week.

Yeah... I can see PS3 up in NPD December and more than VGC shows or the avg of the year.

My bet is 20% over last year.

1,452,000 for Dec 2011