By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy Dated for October in Japan

You beat me by seconds!

Around the Network

kind of wondering how RE:UC got moved to 2008 and where smash bros brawl and metroid are.  However, there are many, many Nintendo games missing from that list besides those two.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

That means we'll be getting it arounf Thanksgiving. And that is a perfect time for it to come out. This will be the hit of the year for the Wii. Most Wii owners will get this.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Super mario Galaxy for October.

Super smash bros: Brawl for December, however; the poster seems to have forgotten to put that game up there. Metroid is out of the 07 picture (And it was supposed to be a launch game, blahh!)

THE NETHERLANDS

There have been rumours that the the DVD playback will be available via software patch - not through hardware.  If true, it is because Wii is capable of playing DVD's already, but Nintendo encrypted it somehow to prevent early piracy..

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Good, because hinting at a new Wii with DVD playback is reason for a lot of people to wait, even though they didn't really want to...it better be software patch, otherwise screw it, that's what DVD players are for.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Good, because hinting at a new Wii with DVD playback is reason for a lot of people to wait, even though they didn't really want to...it better be software patch, otherwise screw it, that's what DVD players are for.

Indeed.

someone still care about dvd playback for wii? really?

HD + internet + wifi + TVbox: isn't it better?

can't wait for Galaxy. 

Anybody else have this site acting slow?

Anyway, DVD playback is not important on the Wii for me...it would be a nice feature though, for quick switching from games to movies, or if you're playing on some random TV that you hooked up in a hurry, ala some tv in school or something...hey I've done it! We had a somewhat small auditorium in my high school, but the projector screen was pretty big, and one day after an AP Chemistry project, we played SSBM on the huge screen...it rocked.

Back to the topic...I really, REALLY hope they throw extra money down to get Metroid and especially SSBB in by the holidays...it will piss off a fair amount of people if they don't.

EDIT: Hmm...800 users online right now...it's usually more like 200, what's up with that? This topic?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

slow here too. probably the 6 weekly charts given in one day...

weird, no kwaad talk... may be baffled by the sights...