By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How in the hell has PS2 managed to sell over 100 million systems?

It's the library. No matter what you like, the PS2 will have a game for you.

Around the Network

staticneuron said: Why? Games pure and simple. It playing dvd's could move very few and so does hyperbole but nothing got the sales reved up like some really good games. I have purchased 4 PS2's over the last 6 years and all of them have worked flawlessly to this day. 2 PSP that work awesome and never had an issue with my PS1. I am looking forward to a good bout this time with my PS3.
Why do you need 4 PS2's?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

2 for friends, 1 for sister and 1 for myself. Sold My first PSP ta a friend because he gave me a good deal and purchased my second one after the price dropped.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

I honestly don't know any gamers that don't own a PS2. The system was great. Bit off subject but I would REALLY like to see Sony fail this go around. They are entirely to cocky for their own good.

Firelore said: I honestly don't know any gamers that don't own a PS2. The system was great. Bit off subject but I would REALLY like to see Sony fail this go around. They are entirely to cocky for their own good.
The funny thing is that I see quotes like these start on a webpage like kotaku or joystiq and then everyone carries this impression as thier own. I have been here since the 3rd generation of gaming and while on that ride I noticed....... SONY has ALWAYS been cocky and arrogant. They spew hyperbole like its nobodies business but how would you like a company to sound? Humble? Please buy my stuff, you might enjoy it? Or "Our system is the greatest thing to hit the market, you will have fun!"? I can tell you Sony has said some really crazy stuff but the PS1 and the PS2 has provided me with the MOST enjoyable times I have had on ANY console period. I played my Dreamcast, snes and N64 to death but after looking back and calculating battles over friends houses or the JRPGs or action games I have played the most down to the wierd and quirky titles that left me searching for who created the game. The playstation line has brought the MOST enjoyable and FUN games in the past 13 years. I understand rooting for the underdog but looking at the announced and planned titles for the PS3 makes me happy because there are alot of titles I recognize and even more Companies that I would love to support again in the future.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

1. Playstation 2 has been out longer than Xbox and Gamecube. 2. Playstation 2 has more games than Xbox and Gamecube. 3. Playstation 2 units are known to break down more than Xbox, and especially Gamecube, so replacements rack up the number. 4. Looks the nicest. 5. Biggest selection of games.